Chapter 2 Finally Home

Start from the beginning

"My wife" He replies back in a grumble.

"Do you mind if I link in? I want to hear this."

"No, I don't mind at all" He replies to me.

I then connect my end of the mind link to his. At first all I hear is silence, and then it connects to someone. "Hello" Aunt Sherry's voice rings out over the line, as crystal clear as ever.

"Sherry Honey, can you hear me?" He asks, there's a small moment of silence before her voice pipes up again.

"Liam. My Baby, is that you?" She asks him, her voice sounding full of happiness. Aunt Sherry then pauses and takes in a deep breath. "I didn't know you and Luka were coming home so soon. How is Luka? Is he doing okay? Did he finish his training? Oh I can't wait to tell Sophie, she will be so overjoyed that you two are back home" She says, her questions going on and on.

"Sherry, Baby, focus, this is an emergency return, not a planned one by any means" Liam says, snapping her out of her questions.

"What's going on, do you guys have something behind you?" Aunt Sherry asks, her voice suddenly turning serious.

"Unknown wolves" He replies.

"You're sure they are not rogues?" She asks him.

"I'm pretty sure they aren't, they don't smell like it" He replies back to her.

"Is Luka okay?" Aunt Sherry asks, her voice sounding fearful.

"Yes Aunt Sherry. I'm Alright, It's so good to hear your voice again" I say to her, cutting in on the conversation.

"Hi Luka. Same Here, how are you doing?" She asks me.

"I'm doing fine...Well considering we're running for our lives out here, I can say I'm doing okay" I reply.

"Cut the chatter Luka" Liam's voice cuts in. "Keep the line clear please."

"Sorry sir" I say, lowering my head slightly.

"Where are you located?" aunt Sherry asks her husband.

"The third border, towards the back of the house" He tells her.

There's a long moment of silence before Aunt Sherry's voice pipes up again. "Alright let Shelby and I go down and talk to Sophie and see what she wants to do about this" Sherry tells Liam.

"Yes, do that please" Liam tells his wife, then there's a slight pause. "Sherry listen to me for a second. Just in case something does happen to me in the next half hour or so there's something I must say to you, I love you Darling." He then adds. "Oh and give my love to Little Sophie and the pack as well."

"Thank you Darling, I love you too. Luka, is there anything you want me to tell Sophie for you?" She asks me.

"Tell her that I'm alright and that I'll be there soon" I reply to her, Liam then cuts the mind link, he then turns his head towards me.

"Why didn't you want her to tell Sophie you love her or something like that?" He asks.

"Because, I want to tell that to her personally when I see her again" I reply

"Oh, good call" Liam Grumbles.

I then look back and see that the distance between us and the two UW's has increased slightly too about seven feet, I can hear that they're breathing heavier than they were a while ago. I then look up at the bright moon glowing against the dark sky, as my paws carry me faster towards home and even closer towards her. Hang on SophieJane, I'm coming I think to myself.