14| Real Life

AN: I just wanted to thank ritalisboa for being here for me through out my writing. If you understand Portuguese go check her stories.

I also want to mention that I really appreciate your comments, it's the nicest thing you guys can do. Thank you.

-----

When she woke up it was 8:30 already. Normally she wouldn't worry but she knew how long she could take to get dressed.

Her outfit was simple. It consisted of black skinny jeans, a denim shirt tucked in, black heeled ankle boots and a black leather jacket. It wasn't much, but it was enough for her not to look careless.

She was aware she had put on way more body lotion than usual, but it had such a nice smell she couldn't care less.

She finished applying her red lipstick at 10:20, giving her time to double check everything before grabbing a pair of black sunglasses. Not that she trying to disguise herself, it was just the fact that she found the sun irritating.

When she checked her phone it was 10:28 and just as she was about to unlock it she got a text.

Chris 🔥
I'm down here.

Coming down

She took a deep breath before grabbing her purse and heading a outside, get inside the nearest elevator and slightly punching the ground level button. She fixed her hair all over again in it, and when the doors opened she saw him.

Tall, dark blondish hair, well kept beard and he was wearing a deep blue crewneck sweater, greenish grey chinos and high-top sneakers. She hated to admit it, but for a minute she felt self-conscious.

When he noticed her he sent her a huge smile, making her smile like a small girl falling in love for the first time, which she wasn't and had to remind herself of that.

Chris slightly jogged towards her, a boyish smile on his face, making him look younger than his actual age. She smiled at him, having to look up considering their height difference. Her ankle boots weren't making any difference and for the first time, being smaller didn't bother her.

"Hey."

"Chris... It's nice to finally meet you."

He looked at Aria, before chuckling to himself and grabbing her hand.

"C'mon, I'm taking you to the best café in L.A."

He dragged her towards the entrance, her giggles making others turn to look at them.

"Oh yeah? You sure it's the best?"

Chris turned around, giving her his best serious face when in all honesty, what he wanted to do was grin.

"Doll, for ya only the best in the world."

Now it was Aria's turn to pretend to be serious. Was he for real doing what she thought he was doing.

"Chris?"
"Yes, doll face?"
"Your Steve Rogers is showing."

After her deadpan, Chris gave her a a small glare, before releasing a loud laugh and linking their arms.

During their walk, Chris made sure to explain to her everything along the way, a smile always in his face.

And at the café? There he proved to be the most amazing guy and for a while managed to make her forget about the man she called her ex and showed her that not every man was there to hurt her.

"But on a Wednesday, in a café,
I watched it begin again."