Chapter 26: Forever My Lady

Ivy

"Ivy baby, wake up," I heard Kellen's voice calling me but I refused to move from my spot.

"Five more minutes," I mumbled with my face stuffed into the pillow. I felt the bed dip before his large hands started shaking my body. "Kellen, please!" I yelled completely frustrated.

His movements against my body stopped and I could hear him lifting off the bed. I brought my head from underneath the covers and glanced at him. He made his way into the bathroom and closed the door behind him. I huffed and sat up, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I honestly did not feel like waking up this morning. For some reason I'd been really tired lately.

I pulled myself out of the bed, and slowly dragged my body to the bathroom door. I tried opening the door only to find out it was locked.

"Stupid mothafucka," I mumbled as I hit the door.

"I heard that!" Kellen yelled from the other side.

"I heard that," I quietly mocked him, holding up my middle finger to the door.

"I heard and saw that too!" He yelled once again.

How the hell? I wondered to myself. Since Kellen wanted to be childish, I just walked out of the room to go check on Mir. I was silently praying that he was still asleep, because he'd been so moody lately. Everytime he came around me he started to act a little different. It honestly kind of hurt my feelings, because we'd always had a great bond.

I picked him up out of his bed and placed him on my hip. For the first time in a few weeks he didn't scream or cry. I smiled in satisfaction to myself as I went to the kitchen to prepare us something to eat. I pulled down all the ingredients to make pancakes, but for some reason as soon as I started to put everything in the mixing bowl I changed my mind. Just the sight of the ingredients made my stomach turn. Rolling my eyes, I threw everything awake and just decided to make oatmeal.

After fixing both Mir and myself a bowl, I sat down at the table to feed him. He finished his entire bowl, like I knew he would, and I took it upon myself to devour mine. It was actually pretty unusual that I ate it all, because I honestly hated oatmeal, but Kellen and Amir loved it.

I heard Kellen's footsteps coming down the hallway, and I purposely occupied myself with Mir.

"You ain't fix enough for me?" He asked once he made it into the kitchen.

I just rolled my eyes and ignored him.

"So you ignoring me nih?" He asked while coming over to scoop Amir out of my arms.

"Nope," I mumbled. I stood up and grabbed the empty dishes to place them in the sink. On my way to the sink though, I got a whiff of Kellen's cologne and it wasn't pleasant. "What the hell are you wearing? It stinks."

"Calvin Klein," he shrugged. "It's what I always wear."

"Well today it stinks," I mumbled, rolling my eyes.

Before I could step any further, Kellen caught my arm. He spun me around to face him and it was then I noticed a very serious look on his face.

"What's ya problem? I'm bout sicka you walking around her like you got an attitude. I ain' did not a damn thing to you all day, hell it's only 8:oo in the morning." He released my arm. "So tell me now what's up, cause I ain't for all that lip you giving me."

Almost instantly tears sprang to my eyes. I absolutely hated Kellen being mad at me. It almost felt like I was a child getting punished by their father, and I hated that feeling. Upon seeing my tears, Kellen's face instantly softened.