Chapter 8: Moving On

Ivy

Tears welled up in my eyes as I received Kellen's voicemail for the 10th time today. It had been a week since he left and it was finally sinking in that he was actually gone.

Sniffling, I glanced around what once was Amir's nursery. Kellen had taken everything with him except the rocking chair I was currently sitting in, and his chest of clothes. He had even taken the baby letters off the wall that spelled out Amir's name.

I rocked back and forth in the chair as I blinked back tears. I contemplated on calling Kellen again, but I figured it'd be useless because he wouldn't answer anyway. The doorbell rang springing me from my thoughts, and I jumped up from the chair thinking it might be Kellen. Although he'd taken almost everything it was possible he could've left something behind right?

I hurriedly opened the door only to be met with Caya and Aria. I rolled my eyes before stepping to the side and allowing them to come in.

"Well hey to you too, Ivy," Aria mumbled.

I gave her a thin-lipped smile before plopping down on the couch. They both came and sat down on either side of me.

"Okay Ivy," Caya began. "This has been going on for far too long. As your friends we don't want to see you all sad and depressed. You have to get out of this house."

I rolled my eyes and grabbed a couch pillow along with the remote. Easy for her to say.

"I agree Ivy," said Aria. "We've been slacking on getting this store off the ground. How about we finish getting the rest of the furniture to get your mind off of things?"

I shook my head and turned on the television, immediately flipping through channels. I felt the remote being snatched out of my hand and gave Caya a death glare. I knew she had done it.

"Ivanna, go upstairs and get dressed. You're leaving this house today. It's time for you to stop feeling sorry for yourself and continue living your life. You've literally been in this house for weeks," she paused and sniffed the air. "And when's the last time you bathed?" she asked in disgust.

I rolled my eyes feeling them become wet with unwanted tears.

"You know what Caya, f*ck you okay? You don't know what I've been going through. It's so easy for you to say get over yourself, because Tahj actually forgave you and f*cked you the same night. Kellen walked completely out of my life and didn't spare me a second glance. So, forgive me if I'm having a hard time dealing with that." I snapped.

Cay's face softened and she wrapped an arm around me. "I'm so sorry you feel this way, Ivy. You're right I don't know what you're going through, but I'm only trying to make it better the best way I know how. Maybe I should be a little more sensitive, but I just hate seeing you like this."

I wiped my eyes, sniffling away my tears. "It just hurts so bad." I cried.

"And it's only going to hurt worse if you stay cooped up in this house wallowing in your despair," Aria said.

I nodded, understanding where they were coming from. I sighed before standing up from the couch. "I guess I could use some fresh air," I mumbled before walking up the stairs to get dressed.

---

"Oooh Ivy! Look at this," Aria exclaimed pointing to a ceiling to floor mirror that could be used in our changing area. The mirror was 30 by 40 inches and it was all black with a gold trim. Our theme for the store was black and white with a pop of turquoise so I thought it would fit perfectly.