Chapter 22: Lesson Learned

Ivy

After Kellen dropped me off at home I decided to have some 'me' time. Since Mama, Justin, and Snipe were all going to be out late, I was going to enjoy this time I had to myself. I walked over to my iHome, and connected my phone to it via bluetooth. Deciding on "Needed Me" by Rihanna, I let the music carry me away.

I ran a nice hot bubble bath before stripping down to my birthday suit. Wrapping my robe around my bare body, I went into the kitchen to pour myself a nice glass of wine. Deciding I would probably need more than one glass, I grabbed the entire bottle and made my way back into my bathroom.

The water was just full enough, and the water was exactly how I liked it when I got back. I untied my robe, letting it fall from my body down to the floor, pooling at my feet. I smirked to myself as I admired my frame in the mirror. Kellen was one lucky ass nigga if you asked me. I admired every inch and curve I had. I knew Kellen thought my body was amazing as hell, but it felt good to remind myself every now and then.

Just as I was about to step into the water, my phone buzzed indicating that I had a text message. I inwardly sighed as I made my way back into the bedroom to check it. Noticing the same unknown number flash across the screen I rolled my eyes. This b*tch was honestly pathetic.

Unknown: I don't like how you didn't respond to me today.

Unknown: I know you read my message. I don't like to be ignored.

Honestly, I thought about replying but I decided not to. I was not about to feed into whatever little games this girl was playing. I was too grown to be going back in forward via text message, especially with a chick who was texting me from a blocked number. I simply took my phone off the iHome and turned it off. Tonight would be a peaceful night. I turned the iHome to the FM station, and allowed the radio to set the mood. Walking back into my bathroom, I attempted to do this again...this time with no interruptions.

I relaxed into the tub allowing the warm water to soothe my muscles. It felt good to unwind after a long day. It had been so long since I actually got to do something like this so I was going to enjoy every second of it. I closed my eyes as my body sank deeper into the water. I felt so relaxed that my breathing began to get shallow, and before I knew it I drifted off to sleep.

**

I woke to the startling sound of glass breaking downstairs. Shooting up out of the tub, I immediately grabbed my robe and wrapped it around my body. The iHome was still softly playing tunes from the radio in the background, only adding to my uneasiness. I tiptoed out of the bathroom into the doorway of my bedroom. I glanced all around my room, and nothing seemed out of place. I quickly grabbed my cellphone off the dresser and powered it back on. Almost instantly it started ringing with multiple text messages.

I slowly left out of my bedroom in search of something to defend myself. The only thing I could think of was, were the knives in the kitchen. I slowly descended the stairs with the phone clutched tightly in my hand. My back pressed against the wall as I reached the last step. Peering my head around the corner, I made sure the coast was clear before darting into the kitchen.

I quickly grabbed the biggest knife out of the counter and slid down against the island of the kitchen. I pressed my back against the cabinet and took a deep breath to calm myself down. Remembering the influx of text messages, I unlocked my phone and started reading them. It was no surprise that they were all from 'unknown'.

Unknown: I told you I don't like to be ignored!

Unknown: Don't piss me off !

Unknown: Don't you dare do that! Don't turn your phone off.