Chapter 1: Picture Perfect

Ivy

6 months later*

"Good morning baby," I greeted Kellen as I felt his arms snake around my waist. He placed a soft kiss on my cheek, causing me to duck my head into my shoulder to keep from blushing.

"What you in here cooking up, huh?" he asked, peering over my shoulder to get a better look into the skillet. I nudged him off my back, and lightly pushed him away.

"I'm making eggs, bacon, and waffles." I laughed, thinking back on the time when I first tried to cook this meal for him. I'd grown a lot since then, thank God.

Kellen began rubbing his stomach as a big grin broke out across his face.

"Mmm, that shit needs to hurry up. This is like yo specialty here girl."

I playfully pushed him away again. "Don't ridicule me, Kellen." I rolled my eyes. "It'll be ready in a few minutes, go check on Amir." I shoo'd him out of the kitchen. I glanced back onto the countertop just watching his lanky figure disappear up the marble staircase.

I quickly diverted my attention back to the stove, making sure I didn't burn anything this time. After turning all the eyes off, I began plating the food. I scooped a healthy amount onto Kellen's plate simply because that man could eat. I set the table for the two of us, before making Amir a bottle.

Just as I was screwing the top back on the bottle, Kellen came strutting into the kitchen with Amir on his hip. I faintly smiled to myself. I must admit, it was a beautiful sight watching him interact with his son. Amir was the light of his life, and you could tell. Honestly, Amir was the light of my life as well. As crazy as it sounds, I'd fallen in love with him. He was such a good baby, and he was the spitting image of his father.

"Good morning Mir-Mir," I cooed placing kisses all over his cheeks. His eyes lit up as he broke out into a fit of giggles, revealing his toothless grin. He reached his little arms out in my direction, and I laughed knowing Kellen was going to have something to say about it. I grabbed Amir out of his arms, and walked over to the table to feed him.

"Come sit down Kellen and get out of your feelings." I laughed while placing the bottle up to Amir's lips.

"Nah man, Li'l man is always doing me dirty. Why you always wanna leave Daddy huh?" he questioned, poking at Amir's stomach.

Amir fell into another fit of giggles, completely forgetting about his bottle.

"Baby stop and let him eat."

"Aight, aight," he held his hands up surrender. I pushed his plate over closer to him, and he bowed his head to pray.

"This shit is good as hell," he said with a mouthful of food. I scrunched up my face and shot him a disgusted look.

"Kellen, please chew with your mouth closed." I begged.

"My bad, mama." He apologized with a mouth full of food.

I balled up my face once again, disgusted with his lack of manners. Sighing, I walked over to Amir's swing and gently placed him inside before joining Kellen at the table.

"So what are your plans for today?" I asked, just striking up a conversation.

He placed his fork down on his plate before sighing. "I gotta go up to the shop and get a few thing situated, then I was going to look at some spaces for the club."

Since we'd been in Sacramento Kellen's barbershop had been doing rather well, so he also decided he wanted to open up a night club called Poison Ivy. I supported him wholeheartedly, but I barely had time to get my own business situated.

"I thought we discussed you watching Amir today while I met up with Aria and got some things done with our store." Since Kellen talked to Aria about us opening a store together, we were going to open a boutique called Aria's Ivy. We were supposed to have the grand opening last month, but we were nowhere near being ready to open.

"Damn baby, I'm so sorry I forgot." He rubbed his hands over his face. "Okay, I could see if I can be done with the realtor before three o'clock. I just can't reschedule Ivy, today is the only day he's available. But as soon as I'm done I'll come back and watch Amir."

I sighed and tried to refrain from rolling my eyes. "Okay Kellen."

"Come on don't be like that, Ivy." He reached over and caressed my arms. "I promise I won't take all day."

"Okay Kellen," I flashed him a tight lipped smile.

Deciding I wasn't hungry any more, I stood up from my seat and grabbed my plate along with Kellen's. After emptying them in the trash, placing them in the sink, I made my way over to Amir. I grabbed him out of the swing and placed him on my hip.

"Where you going?" I heard ask as he followed behind me.

"To see Caya and the kids," I simply replied.

I made it upstairs to Amir's room and began packing a bag. I could feel Kellen standing over me the entire time.

"You got an attitude?" he questioned with his arms crossed.

"Nope," I responded, making sure to pop the 'p'. I finished gathering Amir's things and stood to my feet. "I'll see you when you get back." I kissed his cheek.

His arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer to him. "Lose the attitude Ivy. I'm sorry I forgot, but I told you I'd be here."

I nodded. "And I believe you. Now if you would excuse me Amir and I have a play date. Have fun at work. Tell Daddy bye Mir." I cooed while placing Amir's chunky cheeks up to Kellen's lips.

He placed pecked Amir's cheeks a few times, and then kissed me once more.

"I love you," he stated looking deep into my eyes. He did this every time we had this conversation.

"I love you too, Kellen." I blushed. No matter how upset I was with him, he always knew how to make me smile.

"How much?" he teased.

"Like a crackhead loves crack." I smiled.

Kellen's head drew back in confusion and he raised his eyebrow. "Get the f*ck outta here Ivy, you trippin'." He laughed. No longer being able to contain my laughter I burst out laughing with him.

"You play way too much man," he let out an obnoxious cackle. "I'll see you later baby." He lightly tapped my ass. "Love you too li'l man." He kissed Amir once more and sent us on our way.

*

*

*

I know this chapter was kind of short so I'll post chapter 2 tonight. 

What do you guys think so far?

Is Ivy really happy with Kellen? Is Kellen really happy with Ivy? Does he suspect anything is going on?

How do you feel about Ivy's relationship with Amir?

I'll try to post picture of the cast in the mm, but y'all know wattpad ass stay trippin' with the pictures 'nshit. lol. 

LEAVE ME SOME LOVE, cause it motivates me to give yall THE BEST chapters.

Are you ready for part 2?? cause shit is about to get REALLLLL !

love always, 

Nalani Rose