Chapter 15: You Deserve Better

Kellen

Ivy and I had finally agreed to sit down and talk. To say I was nervous was a big ass understandment. I was nervous as f*ck. It had been a long time since we actually had a face to face conversation, and I was afraid of how she would react. Considering what went down the last time we saw each other, I knew she was pissed off at me, and she had every right to be.

I walked into "Mama Nem's", the restaurant we agreed to meet at, with Amir attached to my hip. I approached the table Ivy was sitting at, and Amir began to squirm in my arms. As I got closer, he began to scream and try his hardest to climb out my arms. My heart almost lurched out of my chest as I realized what I'd done.

I wasn't even thinking about Ivy and Amir's relationship when I left her. I guess because I thought he was my son biologically, Ivy really didn't have any ties to him. I dropped my head in shame as Ivy took him out of my arms.

Tears instantly built up in her eyes as she squeezed him.

"I've been you so much, babyboy," she cooed kissing all over his cheeks.

I bit my cheek to keep my tears at bay. I hated to see Ivy cry, and knowing I was the cause of her tears tore me up inside. I could tell that they had truly missed each other, and Ivy really did love Amir like he was her own. I'd fucked up royally.

I sat down across from Ivy and opened my mouth to speak, "I'm sorry," we both blurted out at the same time.

Ivy chuckled a little wiping a few tears from her eyes. I laughed a little to myself and shook my head. There was no need for her to apologize.

"Don't apologize to me, Ivanna. You did nothing wrong in this situation," I took a deep breath and looked into her eyes. "I fucked up baby. I f*cked up big time, and I'm so sorry."

She sat Amir in her lap as I took a hold of her hands.

"No Kellen," she sighed. "I'm sorry. I should've come to you as soon as everything happened. I'm so sorry for keeping everything from you."

"You were right though, you had no idea how to tell me something like that. I know I can have a short temper, and you were afraid I would blow up on you, like I ended up doing. I'm so sorry Ivy."

She nodded her head and squeezed my hand. "I forgive you, Kellen."

I shook my head. I didn't want her to forgive me so easily, but that was Ivy. She was rude, and kind of bitchy to everyone else, but she loved me no matter what. She had a weak spot for me, just like I had for her.

"Don't do that Ivy. I f*cked up. I don't even deserve your forgiveness," I looked down. "I love you so much that it hurts me to even be doing this. Seeing you with Jinsu did something to me. Something inside me snapped because I thought I'd lost you completely. But, then I realized that I don't even deserve you."

Suddenly Ivy's had slipped out of my grasp. I lifted my head to see her glaring at me.

"Don't you dare say that!" She yelled through fresh tears. "Don't you dare say that to me, Kellen. After all this time of us apart you're seriously telling me you don't want to get back together?" She bit her lip to keep herself from crying harder.

"I'm doing this for your benefit Ivy!" I semi-yelled back. "Can't you see I'm doing this for you? I'm f*cked up man. I don't know how to love, I don't know how to be the man that you deserve. You see how excited Mir was to see you today? I did that. I f*cked up your relationship with him."

"And don't you think the decision you're making now would make it even worse?"

"No, you can come see Amir whenever you want. I guess we could work out some kind of schedule," I shrugged.

Ivy shook her head before breaking out into a sad laugh. "So you're giving up? Just like that?"

"I'm not giving up Ivy!" I shouted. "I'm giving you a chance to do better than me."

"I don't give a f*ck what Jinsu can do for me," she cried. "Why can't you see that Kellen? I love you. I don't want better, I want you. You're all I've ever wanted. So what you're f*cked up, too. The whole Nami situation proves that I'm not perfect, and I'm a little screwed up. I love the way you love me and I wouldn't trade that for the world.

When we first met you were this rude, asshole that had been living on the streets just a few months prior. You had been through so much shit, but you didn't take that out on any of us. You stepped in and protected me and my family like we were your own. When m-my, when my Daddy died you stepped up and took on his role. You left the streets alone, because you knew where that would lead you. Look at you now, Kel. You have your own barbershop, and a nightclub, which is amazing by the way. You've completely transformed into a different man, and you didn't allow your past to define you. That's what I love about you. No one can make me love you even less, you can't get rid of me Kellen," she laughed lightly.

I cleared my throat, and rubbed beneath my eye pretended I was scratching it. I didn't want to seem like a bitch, but Ivy really had a nigga crying. It meant so much to me that she actually saw so much in me. I didn't think it was possible to love her anymore than I already did, but I think I just fell in love with her even more. I guess what they say is true, distance does make the heart grow fonder. I ain't plan on letting her go anymore.

"I love you so much Ivy," I smiled causing her own beautiful smile to light up the room.

"I love you so much, sometimes it hurts. I didn't even think it was possible to love someone as much as I love you. I know I messed up countless times, but I promise to spend the rest of my life making it up to you, babygirl. I promise to never leave your side again."

Ivy nodded, "I do think we should take things slow this time around though."

"I agree."

"I've missed you so much Mr. Sanders," Ivy smirked. She looked down at Mir. "I've missed you even more, babyboy." Amir broke out into a fit of giggles, smiling up at his mother.

I looked up and mouthed a silent 'thank you' to God and G. They really looked out for a nigga this time. I meant everything I said, I'd spend the rest of my life making up to Ivy. 

*

*

*

I know this chapter was short, but I plan on giving y'all another juicy update soon. I just really needed to get this one out. 

How did y'all like it?

Ivy and Kellen finally made up huh?

Kellen's apology?

Ivy and Mir?

Kellen and Ivy agreeing to take things slow?

stay classy, stay true

Nalani Rose