My Sister is a vampire-chtr 2-You are my destiny, my beginning, my end

Chapter 2

As the kidnapper (okay the person who physically removed us from our comfortable home back in England and took us to Wales) opened the shutter of the lorry, I was surprised to see that it was still light. I had thought it was night time. However, it wasn't day light that was letting us see in our human form, it was flood lights. They're dangerous to our type, they stop us from changing. These were obviously only temporary, but they were still strong enough to change me into my actual self, removing my disguise. And my only chance of escaping this damn school. Damn mum, damn her to space. So what it's against our species to mention the outer universe, so I thought I would be evil. Sue me.

We were then greeted by someone whose name I later remembered was Drake. I couldn't give a toss about who he was -at first- because in truth he's just another boy. And then I saw him, his eyes were deep brown. Closer to black then anything, but that wasn't the only thing unusual. He didn't have any pupil, just, brown/black. Apart from the red that flecked his eye when he was in the direct rays of the flood light. This meant that he was a much trained shape-shifter. Also that he was a teacher, even though he only appeared to be a tad younger than I.*huff* he must have some trace of our blood in him. I thought I recognized him, and then I knew that I did. He was the one who I saw running away from safety, to try and stop me from going into the werewolf's territory, to try and rescue my sister. I never saw him again after that unsuccessful night; I had always thought he was dead. At the time he was my very best friend. I realised then that I had a crush on Drake. I had missed him so much. After I myself had escaped, only to discover that Drake never returned from trying to stop my stupid rescue attempt, I had cried myself to silence. The sort of mode, that we are distracted, almost asleep, but never quite.

But seeing him there before me brought rare emotions up to the surface, ones that I thought had been destroyed by only being suffered in privacy. I remembered having a daydream about him once. His parting words were

"The wind can blow, but I will wait for you. For you are my destiny, my beginning and my end."

I saw in his eyes, that that wasn't a dream. He must have had some way of telling me. But I didn't care; all I wanted to do was run into his welcoming arms, for him to say that I was forgiven. Even though it was my entire fault, I just wish he would give it a try. However, his body language told me that he wasn't ready for any negotiation. I knew that I would have to slowly pry myself into his life again, that I would have to wait a while before I was accepted. I ran away into the fields, just out of the light, far enough to change. Then I curled up in panther form, and cried.

"Charlotte wait up, fine then. There's a staff meeting in ten minutes, you need to be there, and you

can't be late!" Drake's voice followed me.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Charlotte Calediarn and I'm from London. Except I was born in Liverpool, of course it wasn't a city when I was born, it was in fact a small little settlement from my time. I was born just outside, but I don't exactly know when I was born, but I know where. Somewhere, that today is known as Woolton, Merseyside. I get my dirty blonde hair from my father, who I have not seen since I was on my tenth cycle. So I was about seventy-eight, when he left me. Yes, I was old for humans, but I didn't look like an old woman. I looked like a teenager. That's what my family does to me. I get my grey eyes from my mother, but if I'm relaxed, my whole eye goes purple. With blue specks dotting them when irritated, for example those stupid flood lights that make us change against our will. How annoying?

So as I sulked to the hall, I noticed no major changes. Walking in early, I realised that I knew a lot of the teachers from the last time I was here, about a decade ago. That was an interesting occasion, but I had stayed a secret. Hiding in the shadows as some might say.

Then Karl came up to me and told me that it was my duty, as the strongest individual there to open the meeting. I waited until the clock struck four, because that would have been ten minutes later. There was almost everyone here apart from Drake. Even though he was the one who told me about the event, hah, talk about backstab. I decided to start the meeting, for by then it was one minute late.

I walked up to the podium, which I knew was a tradition for the school that the leader was to stand up on the podium while starting the speech.

"I call the meeting today, to introduce thyself and my sister." Great, my old way of speaking just has to leak through, without a warning. As per usual, nothing out of the ordinary, that's my first impression, totally typical.

"What's the werewolf doing here then?" Drake snarled.

"Ah, Mr Finke, I do believe you're late. If you would like to sit down and let me explain, the rest of us would be ever so grateful. I finished with a smile that I knew had my vampire fangs in it.

"I will now let my sister take over, she will explain what ETHAN is doing here, and if anyone has any questions or complaints about our company then come to me. Then we can do it the formal way."

With that I jumped from the podium, changing into an eagle before flying off to perch on one of the many beams that supported the whole buildings structure.

The next ten minutes were of boredom, but I couldn't take my eyes off of Drake. He in return, was staring up at me with a strict expression on his face. It told me that, if I wasn't careful, I would find my stay there at the school extremely hard to get through.

Then it was my turn to end the meeting, with a screech, I flew through the air, eventually landing on Ethan's werewolf head. He must have changed sometime during my out-of-zone moment. With my biggest effort, I used my human voice to finish up. I couldn't be bothered to change completely, but it must have looked weird, a bald head eagle on top of a humungous wolf.

"I call this meeting over" Even I could hear the dullness in my voice.

I changed back into a human, then into a monkey. I had thought it would be fun to swing along the roof, and along the beams. And I must say it was!