Fix You- A Few Good Men

Start from the beginning

Sam's POV

"Don't you think it's weird?" Chastity asked without looking away from the three books she was currently making hover over the coffee table in her aunt's living room.

It was a trivial spell according to her, but Claire insisted that Chastity needed to practice even the trivial things in order to keep her magic sharp.

"What?" I asked from the sofa across from her.

She pulled her legs up on the arm chair she was sitting on to sit criss-cross before answering me.

"Damon has been binging on sorority girls to cope with Elizabeth not wanting anything to do with him and not even you can get through to him," she started while I frowned.

I did try talking to Damon a few times about his blood binging, but he insisted that he was fine and that I had nothing to worry about. He was coping in his own way and while I definitely didn't like that he was using people as blood bags, he promised he wouldn't kill anyone and honestly I knew that was the best I would get from him.

"Also he seems to be completely forgetting the fact that his former side chick and Elena's twin sister from another century is in town and no one's heard anything from her, which is extremely unsettling," Chastity continued. "I forgot to ask how Elena's doing with that."

"She...was in shock. It's one thing to hear about her and see pictures of her. It's a whole other thing to actually physically see her," I answered leaning back in to the cushions. "She's dealing though. There's a lot of that going on now."

"Yeah," Chastity agreed, finally allowing the books to gently touch the table surface.

Her big green eyes switched up to me then.

"How are you dealing?"

I opened my mouth to answer, but she abruptly cut me off.

"And no lying."

"I'm fine."

"I said no lying, you filthy liar."

"I'm not lying."

"And you're a stubborn filthy liar."

I sighed and held up my hands in an exasperated manner.

"What do you want me to say?" I asked rhetorically. "That I'm absolutely destroyed that Bonnie lost her Grams and has to go through that pain because Elena and I wanted Stefan and Damon out of that tomb? That I feel completely helpless because I don't know what to do for my sister who saw a replica of herself and now has to deal with her living in the same town? Or that I hate that the love of Damon's life knew where he was for 145 years and did nothing because she never cared about him and now he's suffering because of that?"

I let out a deep breath while Chastity stared at me in shock.

"Wow I think that's the most I've ever heard you talk about how you feel," she said surprised. "That's...good. You can't keep that stuff pent up inside, ya know."

I pressed my lips together and rolled my eyes.

"Yeah...it's just...my feelings aren't that important when Bonnie and Damon are the ones who got screwed over. Bonnie especially."

"True...but that doesn't mean you should short count yourself," Chastity told me. "You don't have to be everyone's rock. You don't have to fix everyone."

If I could only stop feeling like I had to.

~~~~~

Speaking of fixing, I thought to myself as I knocked on the door of the boarding house later that day.