Reveal

(Y/n) received a text as she walked the streets of Glendale, trying to get used to her surroundings before classes start. "I got an email, your bed should be shipped in around 5pm. Have a way to get it?" It was a text from her mother. (Y/n) had ordered a queen sized bed about a month ago, and had almost forgotten about it.
    (Y/n) texted her mother back, "I don't, but I'll find someone to take me." She thought of Ryan and Matt as she sent the text.
It was a beautiful day, definitely different than the weather that (Y/n) was used to in Charleston. Many people were driving, walking, or bike riding around downtown. It was 3pm, so children ran along the sidewalks. (Y/n) guessed that school was over for them. (Y/n) looked down at her phone, trying to look as if she knew what she was doing. (Y/n) hated being in public alone.
(Y/n) continued to look down, until she heard a voice yell, "Bazinga!" She turned around in fright, only to see Ryan. Ryan wore a white shirt that said "In and Out", and a weird shaped hat.
"What was that for?" (Y/n) asked in an angry tone.
"Goofed ya." Ryan said more calmly than his first approach.
"Yeah whatever." (Y/n) playfully punched Ryan in the shoulder.
"Why are you out by yourself?" Ryan changed the subject.
"Just trying to get to know the place."
(Y/n) smiled.
"Dude, Matt was singing in the shower earlier and it was amazing." Ryan jumped to another topic.
That's who that was... Thought (Y/n). "Seriously? Not to give myself away, but I believe I was singing a duet with him."
"Holy shit! Some love story going on here." Ryan threw his hands up.
"Yeah whatever." (Y/n) rolled her eyes.
"I'm gonna call you 'yeah whatever' girl. Because that's all you say!" Ryan replied sarcastically.
"What exactly was Matt singing?" (Y/n) ignored Ryan's last statement.
"All we do is drive; something like that." Ryan shrugged.
"Drive by Halsey..." (Y/n) mumbled.
"Huh?" Ryan asked confused.
"Nothing. By the way, can one of you take me to pick up a bed I ordered later?" (Y/n) thought of her mother's text.
"Yeah, I'll ask Matt. He's supposed to pick me up here in a few." Ryan smiled. "You can wait with me, and I'll call him."
       "Okay, thanks I guess." (Y/n) felt relieved that she wouldn't have to ask around.
      "No problem at all." Ryan took out his phone and typed something. His fingers ran through the letters on the digital keyboard.
     After about three minutes of silence, "Matt said yeah, we just have to take his back seat out." Ryan stated.
     "Tell him I said thanks." (Y/n) looked over Ryan's shoulder to see the text messages.
Ryan- Hey can we go take (Y/n) to get her bed from somewhere.
Matt- Yeah I just have to take out my backseat and only one of us can go.
      "Do you want Matt or me to drive?" Ryan asked, looking at her.
     "Matt." (Y/n) almost immediately replied to his question. She wanted to get to know this guy.
      "Alright." Ryan replied, looking a slight bit hurt by her decision.
      Matt's car pulled up to the sidewalk and
(Y/n) sat upfront like last time.
      "Whatever girl shotgun." Ryan laughed, adding more to his nickname for (Y/n). Ryan sat back in the backseat, scrolling through his phone.
      "By the way, the store we pick it up from is about 30 minutes away..." (Y/n) informed Matt.
      "That's fine." Matt smiled, keeping his eyes on the road as they took the short ride to the apartments.