Landing

(Y/n) woke up to Ryan, the man who sat next her, tapping her shoulder. She had slept through a majority of the flight. "Hey, plane is landing." Ryan whispered.
     (Y/n)'s eyes fluttered open, she looked at Ryan who was next to her. "Oh, thanks for waking me up." She thanked him, realizing she still had her gum in her mouth that had no taste.
     "No problem." Ryan smiled. He had a book in his hand.
       "What did you do the whole plane ride?" (Y/n) asked him, talking over the shuffling of people getting a ready to leave the plane when it landed.
      "I read this book," Ryan handed the book to (Y/n) and she accepted it, studying the cover. The Road.
        "Oh." (Y/n) flipped the book to the back cover.
        "It's about the guy and his son surviving the post apocalypse." Ryan answered her curiosity before (Y/n) had the chance to start reading the summary on the back cover.
"Oh, I'll have the check it out then." She smiled, handing the book back to Ryan.
"We have landed in Los Angeles." The flight attendant announced. (Y/n) and Ryan both got their bags from the overhead storage and headed off the plane.
"Where are you heading to?" Ryan asked her.
"Glendale." (Y/n) replied, walking behind Ryan.
"Nice! Me too!" Ryan looked back at her.
"I got to go call an uber..." (Y/n) said once they were off the plane.
"Uh, I could give you a ride, it'll be a bit pricey because Glendale is a bit away." Ryan offered.
"Should I...", thought (Y/n). She had her phone with her, so she decided she would. "If it's fine with you." (Y/n) answered.
"Alright. My friend is coming to pick me up." Ryan slowed his pace so he was side by side with (Y/n)." His name is Matt, he has his girlfriend with him."
"Maybe I'll make a new California friend" (Y/n) joked as they walked through the airport.
"Oh, she's from Charleston." Ryan smiled.
"South Carolina?" (Y/n) knew the answer.
"Yeah, I'm from Columbia, I was out visiting family. My three week hiatus." Ryan pulled his phone from his pocket.
"Oh that's nice." (Y/n) studied Ryan's thumbs as they moved around the screen.
"Yeah, being an only child means I have to visit." Ryan chuckled a little.
"You're an only child? Wow I have a little brother" (Y/n) looked ahead as they approached the doors, the headlights and tail lights of cars lighting the darkness outside. She struggled through her bags to find her phone as they waited by the door.
"Matt's here." Ryan nudged (Y/n). "And he knows you're with me."
"Alright" (Y/n) nodded as they exited through the doors and walked to a small black car, only one person in it on the driver's side. She assumed this was Matt.
"Front or back?" Ryan asked.
"Front!" (Y/n) said out of habit. She nervously slid into the front seat next to a skinny man. Ryan slid in the back.
"Matt, this is (Y/n)." Ryan introduced as he leaned forward, his head between the two front seats. Matt reached his hand towards (Y/n). She shook it politely.
"I'm Matt, as you already know." Matt unparked the car and drove ahead.
"Where's Ping?" Ryan asked.
"She left... We aren't together anymore." Matt said angrily , (Y/n) noticed him grip the steer wheel.
"What happened?" Ryan asked, still leaning forward as the car was in motion.
"She cheated on me." Matt ignored (Y/n)'s presence.
"Holy shit... Seriously?" Ryan covered his mouth with his left hand.
"Yeah, dude." Matt took a turn into the highway.
"Wow, I'm sorry..." (Y/n) chimed in quietly, scared to anger Matt.
"It's fine, I guess." Matt glanced at (Y/n). There was a steady silence. "Hey, (Y/n). Where are you staying?"
"Eleve something..." (Y/n) searched her mind for the apartment complex name. "I'm moving into an apartment. It's on Broadway in Glendale.
"No fucking way." Ryan gasped.
"What?"
"Those are the exact apartments we live in!" Matt chimed.
"Seriously?" (Y/n) was happy she had someone she sort of knew near her.
"Not goof in' ya!" Matt threw her a quick smile.
"That's really cool." (Y/n) smiled.
––——––

Hey Guys! Yay I update today. The writers block left! Anyway, here's a kinda long chapter. I hope you liked it.

Lots of love-
Alyssa