Duet

(Y/n) stepped out of Matt's car. "I'm definitely going straight to bed." She spoke to herself quietly. "Thanks for the ride guys."
"No problem, we didn't really have to go that far out of or way. We live in the same building!" Exclaimed Matt.
"Yeah." (Y/n) giggled. "Alright, see you guys around I guess?"
"Definitely." Ryan smiled.

(Y/n) carried her bags up a single flight of stairs before she reached her apartment. She used the key she was mailed a few days ago and unlocked the door, revealing a bare living space. (Y/n) set her bags to the side and walked around the apartment. She entered the single room, that was sort of big for an apartment. (Y/n) contemplated where she's out everything. She walked to the small bathroom. The bathroom looked as if it were recently remodeled. The sink shined and the floor tiles were a pretty shade of blue and black.
(Y/n) spread out three blankets and used her comforter for a bed, until she could go buy one tomorrow. She took out her pillow and threw another blanket over her before falling asleep in a corner in what will be her room, once she got everything organized neatly.
     –––•–––•---•---•–––•–––•–––

     (Y/n) sat up. Her hair was a mess. She realized she had forgotten to charge her phone that night. (Y/n) stood, stretching out her body. She picked up her phone and read the notifications. She saw she had about 7% left of battery. (Y/n) rummaged through her bags to find her charger, and once she found it, she plugged it in by the window, one of the four outlets in her room.
      (Y/n) took out an outfit and walked to the bathroom where she placed the clothes on top of the toilet seat. Anyone else do this xD (Y/n) messed with the bath faucet to see out it works. After she got the water lukewarm, and made it a little warmer before taking off her clothing and stepping into the shower. (Y/n) pulled the small thing to make the water sprout from the shower head. She made sure her hair was wet and realized she forgot the shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. She realized she forgot a towel also. She ringed out her hair and stepped out of the shower. She hurriedly ran to her bags, naked, to grab a towel and soap. Then she ran back to the shower and placed the towel on the toilet, rather than the towel rack, and carried the soap with her into the shower. She placed the soap on the shelves and continued to wet her body and hair.
     (Y/n) found herself singing.
"My hands, wrapped around a stick shift , swerving on the 405 , I can never keep my eyes off this." She stopped singing as she rubbed the shampoo through her hair.
    "My neck, the feeling of your soft lips
     Illuminated in the light bouncing off the exit signs..." A male voice singed from the other side of the wall.
      "I missed..." (Y/n) smiled, the responding voice was deep.
      " All we do is drive..." Both the voices sung. "All we do is think about the feelings that we hide." The voices sung in harmony, almost like they were professional singers. "All we do is sit in silence waiting for a sign."
       The male voice dropped out. "Sick and full of pride..." (Y/n) sung, not aware of if she sounded good.
       "All we do is drive" The male voice chimed in, leaving (Y/n) in silence.
     (Y/n) realized the time that had passed. She quickly rinsed conditioner out of her hair. " and California never felt like home to me" Sang the two singers. (Y/n) giggled at how ironic it was, knowing they were in California.
     " and California never felt like home, and California never felt like home to me " (Y/n) dropped out.
      "Until I had you on the open road and I was singing." The male voice sang
     (Y/n) took the part.
     "Ah, ah ah ah ah" she paused for a breath. "Ah ah ah ah ah, ah ah ah ah ah." (Y/n) sang in a high pitched voice. "Ah ah ah ah ah"
    (Y/n) never heard a response, and rinsed her body of body wash and stepped out the shower, wrapping a towel around her hair. She turned off the faucet and didn't hear the shower on the other side of the wall running, so she figured they had gotten out of the shower, or even a shower wasn't there. (Y/n) got dressed and walked to get a brush out of her bags. She combed through her hair and thought, he was a good singer. (Y/n) smiled to herself. What a coincidence that he knew the song.

—••••••••••••••••••—

Woo! I updated today! Anyway, thanks for reading the chapter 💗. This one is quite long for me. Hehe. Anyway, the song is Drive by Halsey, and if you haven't heard it already, you really should listen to it. It's absolutely amazing. Have a good day everyone.
Lots of love —
Alyssa