Chapter Six

CHAPTER SIX

- 3 WEEKS LATER -

"Just ask her out already."

"Mom, you've got it all wrong."

I sighed, as I refuted the fact that I was infatuated towards Eleanor Rosalynn Smith Carter for the hundredth time.

Lola and Kenny Fernandez, aka, mom and dad had flew in by the noon flight the previous day. All the way from Paris, to New York. My dad was almost alright now. Actually, more than alright. His heartiness and humor and enthusiasm was exactly the same as how it was before the illness shook him. Nobody could guess that he had been ill and bedridden all this time.

And ever since their little encounter with Miss Eleanor, and noticing me to blush and go all apprehensive around her, my mom seemed to suddenly realise that I was single and that she didn't have any grandchildren. *sigh*

I took another sip of the cold coffee that lay on the desk and walked out to look around at everybody's status. We were to open up in another two minutes. My father was currently behind the pastry counter. He was a very good chef, but he specialised in the pastry part of it. As he was not strong enough to overtake the entire restaurant again, like how he used to, I continued to manage the rest of the departments.

It was already three now. Where was Eleanor?

Okay. I hate to admit this, but yeah. I guess I was a little attracted to Eleanor Rosalynn Smith Carter. Just a little.

Sure enough, she came in through the back doors, looking all hot and tired from her journey. The sunny and cloudless weather were contributing factors. She quickly changed her clothes and walked towards me. If you haven't noticed, I went all nervous around her, as well. I mean, don't girls go all nervous around guys that they have the hots for?

"You are 5 minutes and 37 seconds late." I was surprised at my confidence. On my god, Rémi. You are the son of the owner of this restaurant! And she's just somebody working for you. Buckle up, and don't feel nervous!

"I am sorry." She hung her head in shame. It was surprising how she never took my name. Is calling me Rémi too awkward for her? Yes, I was the one who shunned her from calling me 'sir'. Great, now I didn't know what she would like to call me.

She looked so cute when she was nervous.....NOT. Control yourself, Rémi! She was tapping her heel and biting her lower lip in anxiety. And I put her out of it.

"Go on now." I dismissed her and I could almost see a big 'o' plastered in my mom's face. What?

"On my god! Your love is starting to show. You didn't even punish her, Rem." What with my mom going all ballistic over all these little things, I was going bonkers! I sighed irritatedly and walked into my office. As I leaned back on my chair as much as it could go, I stared at the ceiling.

I realised something.

That I could not concentrate on my work because of my mom's constant pulling and prodding. My mom would never quit teasing me and pulling my leg until I was over her. And my infatuation of Miss Eleanor was not going to end as long as she was working here. Great, I have to fire her? No, too harsh. Just ask her out Rémi. What is the worst thing could happen?

SHE COULD SAY NO! AND A HANDSOME YOUNG MAN LIKE MYSELF COULD LOSE HIS INTEREST IN LIFE!

Okay, enough with all the imagination. Asking her out would also complicate things. I had to be very careful before I decided to take any step. Seriously. I pushed the thoughts outta my head temporarily and raced back into the kitchen.

The flood of orders kept coming like any usual busy day. And every time Eleanor came in through the thick metal doors and picked up a plate from the dressing station to serve to the anxious and hungry customers, I couldn't stop myself from looking over at her.

She was not only pretty in so many ways, but she had an aura of simplicity about her. She didnt talk much, just came and did all her work quietly and helped me around. And it seemed like she hid a young, innocent, little girl inside her. She has never once looked at me with intense. I mean, I was a dashing young man, 26 years old. I had blue eyes, which any girl could fall for. I had amazing knife skills. How could she resist flirting with a guy like me?

I always felt myself strangely attracted to her. And I really wanted to discover her wild side. Yes, I know she has one!

Had she mistaken me to be a lot older than I actually was? Cause that could explain just about everything that's been haunting me for the past few weeks.

I walked around the kitchen, tasting anything my staff had to offer and suggested them ways of improvement. I had a last look at everybody's final dishes before I turned around, and Bang! Guess who I bumped into.

"Sorry." She looked at the floor, like she always did when she was talking to me.

"That's okay. Um, what's up?" Seriously, Rémi? What's up?

"I was wondering if I could enrol for classes here."

"Oh. Um. I-I-no. We don't take classes as of such, but I could teach you personally."

"Really?" She looked up at me for the first time. Ah, my heart flickers.

"Yeah. Um, maybe at your place?"

"Sounds good. Thanks Rémi." On my god! She said my name! So exciting this is! NOT! I never had taken classes for anyone before. But there are always firsts to everything, right? Se nodded at me and walked around to take leave.

"Oh, thank goodness. That's a start Rem." mom slapped my shoulder playfully. My mom's wishes were indeed coming true. But she was upset by the fact that I hadn't brought it up. It was all Eleanor being interested in cooking. That was it, right?

I was so sick of my parents pulling my leg. At least spare the car ride! It was one of havoc. Not even kidding.

"Eleanor's so pretty!" Mom cooed. "I am gonna have beautiful grand babies!" She almost cried in joy. "No Lola, we are!" My father joined in. Seriously dad? Encouraging her in this melodramatic drama that she was rendering? I did not pay any more heed to their sick jokes, and just stared at the road ahead. Their monkey behaviour did not stop until I finally killed them both. Just kidding, until I finally put them to bed*

- Eleanor's First Class -

I showered quickly and put on my white baggy jeans and a loose black shirt with short sleeves. I left the top few buttons open and put on my after- shave gel and cologne. I decided not to gel my hair like I usually did. I quickly made toast and devoured it. I dashed out of the house with my bike keys.

Havelock road, was it now?

I pulled up my bike right in front of the old and creepy looking building. An old man sitting at the entrance granted me in and I raced up the dusty stairs. Ghosh, this place needed heavy 'mounts of cleaning.

I knocked on the door that read "6. 3" in big, bold and italicised letters.

The door opened to reveal Eleanor wearing a yellow tank top and dark blue jean shorts that just reached her knee.

Her chocolate brown hair was all neatly combed to one side of her head, and one strand oh her hair fell right on her face. She looked at me with her earnest chocolate eyes that were a perfect match to her hair. Her perfume made me tingle with excitement.

AH, THIS WAS DEFINITELY A BAD IDEA.

----------------------------------------------------------

Hello! Anyone there? :P

I guess I am not getting too many reads, but who cares?

I am just here to update the story for my readers.

They are just all silent and shy. RIGHT? :P

Haha, anyway, coming back to the story.

DO YOU LIKE IT? :D

Cause I am, so far. :P

Next update: 10th October :)

AND, the song on the side totally goes with the setting? I think. :P

Okay, so please, VOTE, FAN, AND COMMENT! :)

LOVE! PEACE! And, HAPPINESS! :*

XOXO