Chapter Three - Photo of Chloe *Part 1*

Vote and comment if you're eager for Eleanor to fall in love. ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Beep  -  Beep  -  Beep" came the monotonous warning of the alarm clock. It flashed 7:30 a.m in its bright-green colored digits.

Eleanor was lying on the bed, her face dug deep inside the pillow, her back to the ceiling. Her arms and legs were outstreched, looking much like a starfish. She occupied the entire king sized bed while sleeping. Eleanor loved sleeping. It was like - the bed was her lover, and the alarm was jealous of their relationship.

Very reluctantly, and slowly, she got up from the bed and stole a quick look at the alarm. At least, she wanted to. Her deep brown hair was all over her face. She jerked her hair back into a bun and cursed herself for not remembering to tie her back the previous night. The alarm flashed 8:00 now.

"HOLY. MOTHER. OF. GOD." Eleanor shouted and ran into the bathroom to brush her teeth when she realised that she was supposed to be up half an hour earlier to reach the office on time, for a very important meeting.

She hurriedly made bread and eggs for breakfast. Don't laugh, they were cooked to perfection this time. After all, she had been practicing this particular dish for a month since that unfortunate event had happened. Which had not only deprived her of dinner, but had also let down her spirits for cooking.

Eleanor loved formal dresses - her slightly transparent shirt and her skirt was hemmed just around the knees - the feel of...I-dont-know-which-fabric against her skin! And of course, her black heels and her lipstick, the funny shade called "Obama Drama", her hair tied into a messy bun.

Abigail Wrentham was her much dreaded boss. She was always ordering around, the lady had zero tolerance/patience capacity. An absolute zero. Eleanor had always noticed that shorter people have shorter temper. Her boss hardly reached her shoulders. (A/N - NO OFFENCE INTENDED TO MY LOVELY SHORT READERS :*) Mrs. Boss's cabin was elevated for the same reason. One can imagine how inferior she would look if she had to look up at the person sitting in front of her.

Mrs. Abigail was more of a dictator than a boss, much to everyone's distaste. Eleanor entered her office cautiously, wanting to keep away from the sights of Mrs. Wrentham.

She had a small cubicle for herself, with an age old desktop and an always-ringing telephone. She had to take more than 50 calls a day. To think that some time ago she used to be lazy to pick even a single call, is unbelievable.

She found her job very harassing. Being sweet and remaining calm with customers who shout at her for no fault of hers. A very relaxing job, isn't it? She came to office to get shouted at by customers and her boss. Not to mention her hostile colleagues.

"Look who decided to bless us with their presence at such a late hour of this beautiful morning!!" Her boss shouted sarcastically, probably hoping to embarass her in front of many others. "Mrs. Boss, I really apologize. I got caught up in traffic." Eleanor hung her head as if in shame. As if her boss was a teacher and Eleanor was faulty at not finishing her homework. Eleanor loved being sarcastic with 'Mrs. Boss'. God alone knows why they call her that. Of course, she was late to office.

But was it such a punishable offence that the whole office had to hear about it?

"MOVE YOUR A*SE TO THE MEETING. NOW."

Eleanor nodded her head violently, this time serious. This meeting was very important to her. It was with the sales head of Mobitel. He was going to have a loo at her work in the past month and decide if she was an asset to the company. Maybe give her a promotion if he was impressed.

An hour later when Eleanor came out of the conference room, she seemed very gloomy. The sales head had in fact, been impressed with her work, but he indicated it with a sheer nod of the head. He had put on a condescending behaviour towards her, just because she was new. Wow. So, there was no way she was getting a promotion though she had been working had on ideas. And that wasn't even her part of the job.

She finished all her relevant work and headed back home in a hurry> He sister was to drop off Chloe that day, and Luke and her sister would finally see their dream of an ideal vacation come true

that too, the whole of it to themselves. Without any tensions about their daughter. They had looked forward to this since a long time now.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Part 2 will be up tomorrow with a picture of Chloe on the side!!

Keep being the awesome fans you guys are :*