Chapter 12 | Stay With Me

"Your house first?" Dan asked.
I sat shotgun and Andy sat at the back.
I nodded, to answer Dan's question but then I felt something vibrate.

"Your address, please." Dan demanded.

It was my phone. I took a look at who was calling and found the name Emily Husby written clearly on my phone.

"Mom's calling, hold on." I informed.
"Alright." Dan relaxed.
I picked the call up and placed the phone adjacent to my ear.

"Hello?" I started.
"Elaina, oh my Lord!" she cried out.
"Mom, are you okay? What's wrong?" I frowned.

"Why is Mom crying?" I thought to myself.

"Elaina, something important came up. Your dad and I need to do something and as you know, the maids have the week off so no one's gonna be there with you. Please stay with a friend or maybe Mark, if you can stand him. Please ask Derek or Darren to bring you there. Do not commute. You have to stay there for the meantime. Your dad and I will be right back when we've sort things out." she explained.

"Understood?" she asked.
"Yes, Mom." I agreed.
"Elaina, take care of yourself. I love you." she sobbed in between breaths.
"Will do, Mom. I love you too." I held the tears in.
I hung up and placed my phone on my lap.

"Hannah? Are you okay?" Dan asked.
I couldn't reply. I was so close to crying in front of both of them.
I turned around and was about to wipe my tears away when Dan held my face.
His finger were so gentle and soft.

He forced my head to look at him and he saw the tears falling from my eyes.
"Hey, what's wrong?" Dan held my face with both hands and wiped my tears.
I shook my head, not knowing how or what to say.

Without permission, he took me under his arms. He gave a close, tight hug.
His hugs were always the best. They made the world a million times better.
Thanks to Dan's hug, I was able to get myself together.

My phone vibrated again and I had to push away from the hug.
It was a text message from Mom, probably giving reminders.
"My Mom instructed me to stay with a friend, for the meantime."

"Why? Did she mention why?" he stuttered.
"They have to do something as usual. My parents told me that they were going to come back as soon as they've sort things out."
"Stay with us, then." he invited.

"Are you sure it's okay?" I stammered.
"Of course, you welcomed me in your condo so I think it's just rightful to welcome you to our home. Andy will be alright, am I right?" he insisted.
"Of course! I've always wanted a sister!" Andy screamed.

"Should I be offended?" Dan asked.
I sat back, and tried relaxed on the way there.

"Are Dad and Mom okay?" I worried.
"Hannah, would you please breathe? Everything is going to be okay." he held my hand.
"How can I breathe now? Your hand is suffocating my respiratory system." I thought to myself.

"What happened to Mom and Dad? Why was Mom crying? Why couldn't I stay at home, alone? I've done it a million times. Are my parents fine?" questions popped in my head.

"Hannah?" Dan called.
"We're here." he went outside.
We're here, again.
Dan opened the door for Andy while I stepped out of the car.