Chapter 3 | Introduced

"Andrea," he turned around.
"What are you doing here? Weren't you supposed to pick me up a while ago?"
"Oh, I'm sorry. Did you not see the note I left in your thin 1st Grade English book that you claimed to have read from cover to cover every single day?" he challenged. His tone wasn't gentle. It was aggressive.

"I thought you were joking. I didn't even think it came from you. Do you mind leaving your name on the note next time?" she raised her eyebrow.
Tension was building up so I had to do something.

"So, there's gonna be a next time?" he raised his eyebrows.
"Um... Sorry, you guys know each other?" I swiftly change the topic.
"Elaina, this is Jordan, my brother."
"Ohhhh," it sunk into my brain. It all made sense now.

"Come on, Elaina, let's go." Andrea held my hand and pulled me to her side.
"Wait, wait, wait, she's coming with me." Jordan grabbed me by the shoulder and placed his arm over it, leaning his neck towards my head.

I felt my heart skip a beat. I felt blood pumping faster through my veins. I could feel the vast change in my temperature. I felt heat all over my body. His body was right next to mine and it felt like he was warmer than the sun.

I couldn't move. I felt like I was stuck in that position. My body couldn't move a muscle. I was sure that it was definitely because somewhere deep down my heart, I didn't want to move. I just wanted to stay like this all day.

When I regained consciousness of what was going on, I removed his arm over my shoulder and breathed in and out.

"Elaina, let's go." he said it as if it were final.
He took my things and grabbed my left hand. When our hands touched, I abruptly felt an electric emotion rushing all throughout my body. His hands were warm, soft and gentle. This feeling, it's so different.

He dragged me all the way to the car and opened the door for the shotgun's seat.

I looked at him and spoke.
"Can I sit at the back?"
"Alright, I'll sit with Marky." he agreed.

"Marky?" I giggled.
He opened the door for me, placed all my stuff inside and closed it quickly after he made sure I was alright. He then rode in as well and secured his seatbelt.

"Where to?"
"I can't go home with a bruise." my cousin said.
"I can't either but Andrea already knows." he rolled his eyes.
"My condo." I spoke.

"We can crash there?" Mark turned around.
"No, I will go there. You guys crash somewhere else." I mumbled.
"Please, can't we just stay there first? I have experience with sleeping on the floor." Jordan laughed.

His lips curved into a perfect smile.
Oh, dear Lord, he looks even more gorgeous when he smiles.
He looked like an innocent angel; pure and perfect.
Oh, and his laugh, it was so deep and husky.

"Hey, come on please even if it's just tonight." Mark pleaded.
"Hmm, let me think about it." I narrowed my eyes.
"Don't forget, you owe me, remember?" He convinced.
"Elaina, please." Jordan gave me the puppy face.

How could I have said no?

"Fine. You guys can share the bed in the guest room." I rolled my eyes.
"No, thanks. I can sleep on the floor." Mark turned his eyes on the road.

I opened my GPS app and programmed it to bring us to my condo.

"Here." I gave my phone to Mark.

He started the car and began to drive.
I leaned on the window and stared outside as we passed by buildings, traffic lights and other cars. Without noticing, my eyes were starting to shut. I was so tired.