(6)☆ 'Bout You ✩ (oneshot)

☆ { Daniel Howell x fem! Reader } ☆
One shot
My hands traced the white fabric that lay over his body as he stayed completely still looking almost completely out of it. " hey.." I spoke softly to get his attention, at that moment he turned to look at me a small smile was visible on his lips.
" I have to go for now okay? I'll be back tomorrow morning ". (Y/n) said smiling down at her boyfriend lovingly while she caressed his face.
" you promised" he asked the smile becoming weaker as he grabbed hold of her hand not wanting to let go of it until he heard the answer he wanted.
" I promise " she nodded her head slightly moving her other hand up to his lightly.
" (n/n) "
" yes ?"
" I love you please keep your promise"
" I love you too I promise I'll be back here tomorrow " she smiled one last time pulling her boyfriend into a hug. They broke away from the hug slowly she exited the room taking one look back to make sure he was okay. She felt an ominous feeling as if she had just made a wrong choice of leaving him there by himself. She wished there was something she could do to reverse time and fix everything or stop him from going out that morning. Why does the worst seem to happen when people are at their highest moments?

'Time skip
The same scene and phrases replayed themselves in my head from last night keeping me awake for most of the night due to the sickening feeling. I turned from side to side trying to find some position that would be the most comfortable for my situation. I turned away to face the wall only causing me to look at the empty space beside me causing the emptiness to finally hit me.
" I should be there next to him right now, at the hospital bed not here " I breathed taking in the cold morning air as I sat up and stared at the empty feeling room around me. My lips curved into a smile the thought of seeing him filled me with the happiness that I was currently in need of.
I gathered up the energy to get out of bed and take a shower and fix myself up not letting my aching body stop me.
@ The Hospital
I pushed past the double doors of the main entrance walking past the other people confidently. Everything looked the same yet something felt completely off. The staff were going on with their work until I managed to catch their attention. I noticed their happy smiles turn to a pitiful expression.I managed to ignore all of them and make my way to his room only to be stopped my way there by the doctor I had been talking to the night before.
" hello doctor " I greeted politely he nodded his head in response moving his clipboard so he could take a better look.
" how's he doing DR.?"
He noticed the worried look on my face only causing him to delay a little longer this time.
" well you see, (y/n) (l/n) that's exactly what I wanted to talk to you about".
He paused and looked behind him making sure that all the nurses were getting back to work.
" if you will please follow me this way".
He walked at a slow pace it was almost concerning, he came to a complete stop in front of the door and he turned to look at me.
" believe me when I say this but we tried the best we could but there was nothing left for us to do, we apologize ". A frown became visible but I only shook my head in disbelief. I didn't want to believe it, it couldn't be true. He opened the door with one hand. There he was. He was completely covered with a white blanket from head to toe.
The monitor that last night displayed an image was now turned off along with everything else.
" no...this can't be happening ". I felt like my whole world was crashing down to my feet I felt myself weaken as I felt to my knees with the pain in my chest.

Months Later

I pressed my finger against the home button on my screen scrolling through the various contacts on my phone leading to the same one once again. I clicked on it and clicked on the green button at the bottom. It rung for a minute before.
" Hey sorry I can't talk right now please leave a message and I'll call you back later". His voice ended and a loud beep sounded in my ears
" hey , I've been paying your phone for the past few months just so I can hear your voice again, I know I could always click on one of your videos if I wanted to hear your voice but I just can't bring myself to watching one of your videos right now ".

she paused and let out an audible gulping sound, a lump forming in her throat from the sudden urge to cry she clicked on the button setting her phone down on the counter looking herself in the mirror, the image reflected in front of her made the urge to cry stronger. she raised her hand up to the handle of the cabinet and opened it eyeing the objects that lay inside on the small shelves finally finding what she was looking for. she grabbed the small blue container and popped the lid off and tilted it over hesitantly letting the contents spill out into her empty hand.

" I'll see you soon" she smiled down at the pills in her hand before putting them all into her mouth and swallowing as many of them as she could at that time.

she let go of the container letting it make an impact with the floor causing the remaining pills inside the container spill out across the floor underneath her feet. Her vision went blurry but she didn't move one inch, It was already too late anyways the pills were taking effect

It would all be over soon ☆

End

word count: 1026