Riley looked at Maya, seeing what outfit of hers would suit her well. And as she looked at Maya, she took in how beautiful she was. Riley thought she was pretty from the start but, up close? She is absolutely breathtaking. Her light blue eyes can capture your heart; how can something so icy and cold looking as blue, be so warm to someone's soul?

And she noticed how her beautiful blonde hair spiraled down into slight ringlets, leaving waves throughout her hair. Although it was a little messy, it still looked beautiful, and natural. Riley likes natural. She thinks that makeup is a complete waste of time; that people shouldn't use it because they're truly beautiful in their natural form. Well unless their actors or actresses that are looking for a look for their character, of course.

Maya noticed the brunette staring at her and felt her self begin to blush, but instead of hiding it with a smirk like she normally would, she allowed it, because she felt comfortable with Riley, although the two had only met one another yesterday morning.

Riley realized that her thoughts were drifting and distracting her, so she brought herself back to reality. Riley scanned the closet with her cocoa brown eyes and almost immediately found an outfit that would look just perfect on Maya.

She pulled the clothes out, turning the outfit around so the girl standing next to her could see the full thing. Riley saw Maya's eyes light up, which Riley assumed that meant that she liked her choice of clothing.

"I really like it, Riles. I think I'll look alright in it." Maya smiled, and Riley smiled too, not only because Maya liked her choice of clothing, but that Maya's smile was contagious; whenever you saw a smile on her face, you just had to smile too.

The clothing that the brunette held was a yellow shirt with a cheetah print jacket over it and blue jeans with pre-made rips in the front.

"Here you go, you can change in the bathroom if you want to." Riley said, handing Maya the outfit and Maya nodded, walking towards the door and stepping out into the hallway. Maya then realized that she doesn't have a clue where the bathroom is, but as if on cue, Riley shouted, "To the right!" Maya could practically see the goofy grin of Riley's face.

She headed to the bathroom and quickly changed her clothes. She walked out of the bathroom and walked back to Riley's room, carrying her previous outfit with her.

"You can put them on the floor." Riley said as Maya entered the room. Maya took her clothes and put them in a corner that her hamper was in. When Maya looked up, her blue eyes were instantly fixed on the beautiful brunette standing before her. She wore a black leather jacket with a purple top and patterned leggings. She looked stunning. Riley was currently brushing her beautiful long brown hair, facing away from Maya. Maya was glad that she couldn't see her staring, but she probably new anyways since Maya wasn't saying a word.

When Riley turned around, Maya quickly looked away from the girl, awkwardly looking down and playing with her fingers; too shy to look up. Riley did indeed know that she was staring, but decided not to tease her about it. "Here," Riley walked over to Maya and handed the blonde her brush. "Use this." Riley said and walked back to her closet, getting out a pair of black combat boots.

She sat on the bed and put them on her feet as Maya started to brush her hair. "Are you excited for your second day?" Riley asked, trying to start conversation as she tied her laces on her boot. "I sound like a mom, I'm sorry." Riley giggled as she switched over to her other boot.

"It's fine, and I guess so." Maya said, still recovering from her awkward moment of looking away.

"Well, I want to introduce you to my friends, if that's okay?" Riley said, checking in with Maya first.

The question made Maya a little nervous. Maya wasn't really good with meeting new people. With Riley, it was just some instant connection, but she doubts it'll happen with anyone else. Maybe if Maya brought out her confident side, she would hit it off pretty well.

"Sure." Maya said as she finished brushing her hair, handing Riley the brush. "Okay." Riley said excitedly.

The two looked over at the clock on the nightstand. It was only 6:20, so the girls had plenty of time to talk and have breakfast before they headed off to school at 6:40.

The events of last night quickly flooded Riley's mind and she began to blush, looking back at Maya. Maya was confused as to why Riley was blushing, so she gave her a confused look. "Last night.." Riley quietly spoke, her blush getting more and more red by the second.

"Oh." Maya grinned to herself. "You loved it, admit it." Maya said with a smirk. "I will not." Riley said with such fake confidence. "Oh, but you will." Maya poked Riley's stomach which made the girl squeal. Maya continued this until the girl was lying down on the bed. Then, it turned into another tickle session. Maya was once again straddling Riley and having Riley squirm underneath her as Maya tickled her.

"Maya p-please stop!" Riley laughed as she tried to slap Maya's hands away and protect herself at the same time.

Maya stopped for a moment; leaning in so that her face was just inches away from Riley's. "Will you admit it?" she whispered, her eyes flickering down to Riley's lips in a quick motion, but Riley still saw it. "No.. I won't." Riley whispered back, hoping that Maya would just kiss her already. "Well then.." Maya leaned in even closer, if that was even possible at this point. She tilted her head to the side and slightly brushed her lips against Riley's, just as she did yesterday; leaving Riley's heart racing once again.

"You're going to regret that, Matthews." She said against Riley's lips.

Maya then pulled back, having another whimper leave Riley's lips. Maya chuckled and shook her head. And she began to tickle the girl once more.

"Maya! Riley! Breakfast is ready!" The two heard as Riley continued to laugh. "You got lucky there." Maya said, getting off of Riley and onto the floor. Riley tried to catch her breath as she sat up, putting her hand on her tired stomach. "Sure... did." Riley said in between breaths, standing up and walking out of the bedroom with Maya.

The two girls walked downstairs and into the kitchen. No, the smell wasn't the delightful yet cliché smell of bacon and eggs and so on, but it was oatmeal.

Riley and Maya sat down in the same seats they were in last night, as steaming bowls of oatmeal sat in front of them. Luckily, Maya liked oatmeal, and Riley did for the most obvious reason; she lived here and they had it almost every morning.

Maya took a bit of oatmeal onto her spoon and began to eat, as did Riley.

When the two girls were finished, they brought their dishes to the sink that Topanga was using, washing the dishes from the previous night.

Topanga looked up at the clock that hang above the kitchen sink. "Oh, you girls better get going, it's almost 6:40 and I know how Riley likes to get there early."

Riley grinned before saying, "Bye mom, love you." "Love you too, honey." Topanga said as she received a kiss on the cheek from her daughter.

"Bye Mrs. Matthews." Maya said as she began to walk to the apartment door with Riley.

"Bye Maya." Topanga said just before the girls walked out the door, closing it behind them.

---------------------------------------

Riley and Maya were now on the subway, on the way to school.

"Are you ready?" Riley said, looking over at Maya as they traveled.

"As long as you're by my side, I think I'll be just fine." Maya said, looking up at the taller girl with a smile.

Riley put out her hand, and Maya gladly took it, interlocking their fingers. "I'll always be by your side through everything, Maya." Riley said, looking down at their hands. "Promise?" Maya asked, hopeful.

"Promise."