Day 1: Louis, the Repentant

-Louis-

This movie has been playing for a huge five minutes and I am already more bored than I have ever been in my entire life. I barely understand anything the actors say because they use old words that are barely used anymore except in filthy rich and royal households. I was sitting on the couch, arms crossed over my chest and a frown onto my face to show my displeasure.

And while I was stuck here, being watched so I would not move an inch, Harry was sitting on the floor in front of me and looking around, unsure what to do. He was as free as a bird, the ones living in the nature and not in a cage, yet stayed there like he actually enjoyed this stupid movie. Then our "babysitter" crouched down to him and explained that she was angry at me and me alone, and that he was free to do whatever he wanted for I was the only one to be punished.

So Harry happily stood up, having hated the movie just as much as me apparently, and grabbed Liam's hand to pull him into his room. He would probably force him to play with his remote controlled cars again, the idiot. At least when Liam was with me he had fun. I think.

Niall was in the corner of the living room where his toys were, sitting on the soft carpet installed there so he wouldn't hurt his knees by staying there too long. He was chewing on a teddy bear's ear, his eyes on me yet not looking at me. His gaze was clouded over in the way one with his head in the clouds' were. That's the thing with babies, they can never focus. Their attention span is a maximum of thirty seconds, then they're gone.

Yet, Ava seemed to be having a lot of fun distracting him by making his multiple plush toys talk and asking for all of their names. She also imitated the animals' noise depending on what the plush toy was. Niall's favourite was the elephant, for he kept clapping and giggling every single time she tried to trumpet. It was quite a failure in my opinion, and if I was not scared of getting caught not watching the movie, I would comment about it.

Yes, I preferred watching the two "play" rather than keep my eyes on the screen. Because even if they were boring, they were not as bad as Queen whatever-her-name-was. Time passed faster when watching them. And before I knew it, Libby was calling everyone for lunch. I happily paused the movie and stood up, then glanced at Ava. I couldn't keep watching that movie, I couldn't stand being bored. Before when Simon had punished me, he had sent me to my room so I could do whatever I wanted. But this...this was hard. It was hard to know Harry and Liam were playing but I couldn't join them, and it was hard to know even Niall was having more fun that I was. So I swallowed my pride and tugged lightly on Ava's shirt before we walked in the kitchen.

"Yes Louis?" she asked, turning around to face me when we were alone. I bit my lower lip and mumbled a quick apology, looking down at my feet so that she would not see the heat raise to my cheeks. I rarely apologized and I hated doing so almost as much as I hated the movie. "I'm sorry, I didn't hear that," she said and I sighed, rolling my eyes at her.

"I said that I'm sorry for spilling my breakfast. And hiding your clothes. And actually throwing some in the trash. And making Niall wear your underwear as a hat," I repeated, slower this time with an annoyed look towards her so she knew it was disturbing to have to say it all over again. "I should not have done that and I will not do it again."

"You really think it?" she asked, looking down at me and clearly trying to analyze my face to know if I'm lying. I nodded at her question and waited. She then smiled. "Good. I think you've been punished enough; you don't have to finish the movie. No more pranks though alright?"

"Alright," I agreed as I walked in the kitchen and sat down in my chair. Well, for today...I thought, though I knew that my pranks would not be as big as the clothes thing anymore, because I did not want another big punishment.

Ava was quite scary after all.

-Ava-

I was glad that Louis understood that his behaviour was unacceptable and should not be repeated, it would make my life easier in this house. But well, somehow I felt like I was not totally done with his pranks just yet. Maybe it was his eyes that made me feel that way, they sparkled with mischief from time to time and it made me uneasy. I'd be watching my back for days just in case he had something planned.

I had expected another meal of eating at the same time as pushing Niall's hands away from my plate, but lunch was much easier than breakfast. The little blonde was actually dozing off, almost falling asleep face first into his plate. He didn't give up until he finished eating all of his food though. Then he slept, his head bent in a probably very uncomfortable position. I finished eating and helped Libby carry the dirty dishes in the kitchen before picking up the sleeping lad and carrying to his room, where I laid him into his crib for his afternoon nap.

Harry had followed me and he was now pulling me to his room like he had done to Liam earlier. "Play with me!" he said happily, sitting down on his bed. There were two remotes on it, probably from the cars he had been playing with earlier. "Liam said he was busy," he then added, a cute pout appearing on his face.

"Alright Harry, I'll play with you," I agreed, making him regain his smile. He handed me a remote and I sat down beside him, taking my time to understand how this whole thing work before making my car move around the room. It was not long until Louis peeked into the room and Harry called him in.

"Play with us Louis!"

"Well, if you insist so much..." was Louis' response as he walked in the room and fetched a third controller from a plastic box in a corner of the room. He clearly wanted to play and had been waiting for Harry's invite to have a reason to join us. He was playing it cool, but I was fine with it. As long as he did not plan to roll on my foot with the car he was controlling.

And he did not, so I guess it would be fine. I could deal with this; I could take care of the four of them. I could handle it.

I would handle it. 

Hello guys! Sorry it's kind of late, but it's still Monday so I respected my schedule! I'm quite proud of myself for this since I have never kept an updating schedule. Next update on June 13th! Thank you all for reading. Comments are read, replied to, and appreciated greatly (votes too :D)