Carnivores don't protect herbivores.

It was really cold and you couldn't help but shiver as the sun set and the night chill set in. You had been late because you were busy studying (watching Hibari) and you had completely lost track of time.

You couldnt help but feel uncomfortable as lecherous eyes watched you and catcalls echoed the empty streets. Just then you felt arms around your waist, disgusting breath that reeked of alcohol breathed down your neck. As you were about to scream, a filthy hand was placed around your mouth. The pervered man grinned and called his friends. They touched you and you hated the feeling it made you feel low, shameful, filthy and you shut your eyes to try and prevent the hot tears that threatened to leek out.

But all you heard was the occasional thump and the (girly) shrieks of the men who had been molesting you only seconds before. You slowly peeked from beneath your moist eyes, cheeks damp with trails of glistening tears.

Hibari.

As he slowly moved closer, you flinched and pressed your back against the rough wall harder. You could have sworn you saw a flicker of hurt in his eyes. He turned his back to you and began to slowly walk away.

...What were you doing?! He was your savior!

And with hat thought in mind, you propelled forward and wrapped your arms around his waist, chest wracking with your sobs. He turned around and pulled you closer to him. he rested his chin on your hair and slowly, awkwardly but sweetly began to stroke your hair in attempts to calm your frightened sobs.

And as you felt his warmth seep into you, you knew there was nowhere else you cold feel so safe.

You were still afraid. But not of him.

Maybe he wasnt the only one who needed him, maybe you needed him as well.