Chapter Thirty-One

Start from the beginning

Gently, he grabbed my arm and unrolled the fishing line. "You have to pull it back," his voice was soft, while his breathing teased my neck, "before you throw it back with force." He mentioned something about the fish line and how I needed to secure it, but my whole body was so tense that he couldn't actually move my arm. "You need to relax, Jess," he murmured by my ear and I almost close my eyes as a shiver ran down my back. He moved my arm and when it I loosened it, he threw the line to the river. I could barely hear him; my heart was thumping widely against my ribcage. "Now, you need to reel in a bit and put on the safety," he moved a little switch on the pole. "And wait." He pulled apart as I swallowed hard. A part of me was glad that he had moved away, but another part of me, wanted him close again.

He didn't seem fazed at all, though. My brows furrowed as I followed his every move while he set his own fishing pole. Our eyes locked as he stood up; he was sporting a breathtaking smile, and I couldn't help but feel warm about the way he seemed to be enjoying this so much. "Any luck?" he pulled back his arm and threw the line in just as he taught me. Sighing, I shook my head and watched the river. "Try to reel in a bit of line, make the bait move a little." I did it, without much luck.

Four tries later, I was getting a bit frustrated when my line tensed. "I got something!" I shouted excited and panicked at the same time. I started to jump up and down on my feet. I turned to look at him. "What do I do? What do I do?"

Bryan watched me amused and his lips quirked. "Reel it in."

Creasing my brows, I tried to rotate the stupid thing but it didn't move. The line tensed even more and I looked up to see that the whole fish pole had curved down. "Crap, crap!" I kept saying while I kept jumping up and down. My shoe landed up in the mud and I yelped as I fell flat-ass on the river. I never let go of the fish pole, but now I was completely wet from waist to bottom. Bryan's cackles were all I heard before he held me by the waist and helped me get up. I still didn't let go of the fish pole. "You can let it go."

"But the fish!" I protested.

He extended his arm to take it from me, but his foot slipped too, and he started to fall. To save himself, he grabbed on to me but my sneakers were still all muddy, so he ended up dragging me with him again.

I landed on top of him, right in the middle of the stream. "I'm sorry," was the first thing he said as his hand wrapped around my waist. I turned to look at him, and he was even more damp than I was. His pupils dilated as he stared at me, and that boyish smile showed up again. The water was cold but I couldn't care less, I was melting in his arms. His eyes roamed all over my face, pausing at my lips and my stomach fluttered. We both leaned closer, and as our lips brushed, I closed my eyes, my heart soaring for him.

It was a kiss unlike no other. He was gentle, but more passionate than ever. A swirl of emotions played in my chest to the pit of my stomach. He pulled me closer, just as I got completely lost in him. It felt almost magical; almost. The spell broke when my t-shirt rolled up and his hand brushed my waist. I pulled apart while my blood boiled. I'd never gone too far with anyone, but I was sure I didn't want to go too far until I knew exactly what we were.

His eyes were stormy for a moment, before he cupped my chin, "Are you okay? Did I do something wrong?"

Shaking my head, I looked to the side. "I'm just really cold..."

His voice sounded wary as he added, "You're still holding the fishing pole." I glanced at my hand and I was gripping it like my whole life depended on it.

My lips curved up. "I'm earning my dinner."

When I gazed at him, he was studying me with concern, before he grinned a small-smile. "You've earned it." He glanced at my injured hand. "How is it?"

"Wet." I snorted before my eyes focused on a fish passing by. I jumped up but I couldn't get up at once. Bryan chuckled before grabbing me by the waist and helping me up, before he stood up himself.

"I hope you brought more clothes," he murmured before switching something on my fish pole so I could reel the fish in. I hope so, too. I had to pack something in that backpack of mine. Bryan didn't say anything else, but I could feel how he wanted to. However, I wasn't ready to talk to him about us.

I didn't know what to say, or do.

It was obvious I was falling for him, if I wasn't already in love with him. I was scared, I was feeling so much already, but I didn't want to know how a heartbreak felt.

 I was scared, I was feeling so much already, but I didn't want to know how a heartbreak felt

Guess what?! I opened up a Gaby Cabezut's Squad group in Facebook! :) 

Please don't forget to vote!

Thanks!