Chapter Thirteen - Mixed Feelings

Midterms soon came as Tuesday passed.

Our school had a specific schedule whenever it came to midterms. At times it was tricky as people would forget what subjects we were being tested on, but for the most part it was pretty easy.

The few days we had the exams went by slow but fast once it was over. And in no time it was the end of  Thursday's exams.

   "What did you guys think of the test?" My teacher asked and everyone gave different responses. "Not bad overall is what I assumed you guys would say. You guys are dismissed for lunch."

   Everyone soon left to the cafeteria except for Monica, Amy and myself.

   "I'm so ready for winter break!" Amy exclaimed as she was excited for the plans her boyfriend had made as their anniversary was a few weeks away.

   "I agree. This testing is killer." Monica replied as she fixed her makeup.

   "At least you guys don't have to come next week." I said and they laughed at me.

   I was in charge of looking after the garden the next two days that was left of next week before our break officially started. But since Monday and Tuesday are makeup days most people are skipping them, unless you needed to take care of stuff before the long break we received.

  Which I was going to skip as well but because Piper received the news that her brother and boyfriend were given vacation for Christmas this next week, I couldn't say no since she hardly sees them because of their duty to serve in the military.

   "I'm sure those days will go quick since the only thing you really need to do is check on the garden and then you're able to leave." Monica said and I knew she was right.

  "That is very true." I said with a smile.

   We continued to talk before I received at text from Alexander, who I've been talking to since he arrived. He was pretty funny and really caring.

   "Is it Alex?" Amy asked with peaking curiosity and I nodded my head as I finished reading the message. "What did he say?"

  I stood from my chair and opened the classroom window as it was permitted to do so at my school.

   "He told me to look outside the window." I said to them as I looked at both of my friends before turning my attention outside where I soon saw Alexander in the court yard.

    He began waving at me and I soon waved back. His smile was sweet and it showed just how happy he was to grab my attention.

   "Jane!" Alexander shouted with his hands culling around his lips, using them to project his voice. And so far it was working.

   My face turned red as he continued to call my name. Why was I embarrassed?

    And so I decided to try it out as well.

   "Alexander!" I said and he stopped. He motioned that he was going to go some where else with some friends that he made recently.

   As I was waving good bye, I followed him with my eyes until he was out of sight.

     When I went to turn away I found someone else's gaze on me.