The simple Things

I opened my eyes to see Arkes up and walking. I sat up slowly and rubbed my eyes "were you up all night?" I asked with a tired voice. "Someone needed to keep watch and i wasn't about to let a young girl do it" he answered "how old are you anyway?" He asked sounding slightly annoying, "I'm 16, how old are you?" I asked, "17" he said subtly.

    I got up onto my feet and looked around. "We need to find the others" i said with an authoritative voice. He nodded, he seems to nod a lot.

   We walked through the woods. "It's too quiet" he said randomly. "Okay, hows life?" I asked trying to strike up a conversation piece. "You really suck at starting a conversations" Arkes said with a joking voice.

   I looked at him and smiled "well what was i suppose to say, i don't even know who you are" i said defensively. "Well hi I'm Arkes I'm 17 and i spent 3 nights in the man cages just cause i wanted to" i looked at him and laughed, "Arkes are you trying to brag?" He smiled "wellllllllll" he said with an annoying high voice. I shook my head.

   "I must say i came out a rough situation just recently and somehow you made me forget about it for a moment" he smiled and looked at me "glad i could help" he said with a low manly voice and it made me smile.