Stay awake, Stay Alive

We talked for hours trying to stay awake but suddenly my eyes grew heavy. I didn't know how much i could take of this.

But then i heard his voice "Adrian!" He called me and my eyes were opened. He began singing an annoying lullaby the nurses would sing to the newborns but he sang it in a ridiculous rock voice. I laughed and i stayed awake enough to realize how much i really wanted him.

"Thanks for that Damien, you're a really good singer" i said in a sarcastic voice. We laughed together. I realized the way he was looking at the caged minors. "Adrien? I want them to come with us" he said and things got serious.

But i realized he had never looked so serious before in all of my days spent breaking the rules with him.

I realized i wanted the same things so out of the pits of my soul i uttered the forbidden word "okay" he smiled and looked down with joy in his eyes.

It seemed we had lost track of the time and the night was over. A scout came up to our cages and unlocked ours with his keys.

I got up off the cement floor and it hit me all at once how sick i felt after not eating anything for 18 hours. My back slumped down but i felt Damien wrap his muscular arms around me, he was my crutch.

He picked me up in his beefy arms and carried me through the halls. Taking me to my room.

    He sat me on the bottom bunk and laid me down. I realized how empty my room was without my mother but i knew it was her fight now.

    "Damien?" I tried to speak but he shook his head "just rest I'll be right here with you all night" he smiled and ran his fingers through my hair, it felt soothing and my eyes slowly closed and i fell asleep.