Chapter 11: Trying To Hide

^^Jackie's Outfit^^

It has been 2 days since Alex kissed me. It was now Monday and I had to go to school. I was considering skipping school but I decided to go.

When I ran home on Saturday, I locked myself in my bedroom. I also closed my window so Alex couldn't jump in. When Alex went into his room, he began throwing rocks at my window to try and grab my attention. I told him to leave me alone and I never spoke to him again. He's texted me, called me, and even banged on my window.

When Alex kissed me, my stomach nearly exploded. But a voice inside me told me that Alex didn't really want to kiss me. It felt too much like Skylar's kiss.

That's when it hit me. Skylar probably possessed Alex and kissed me. I still had a couple of minutes before I had to leave for school so I yelled for Skylar.

"SKYLAR GET OUT HERE NOW!"

He appeared.

"What's wrong?" He asked dumbfounded.

"Don't 'what's wrong?' me. I know you possessed Alex and kissed me at that party!!!!"

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"What?!?!?!?"

"You heard me!!!" I yelled.

"I never possessed Alex. I told you that I'm willing to take our relationship slow."

I searched his face to see if he was lying, but I couldn't find anything that indicated he was lying.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Sorry for accusing you of possessing Alex."

"It's okay. So you really like Alex don't you?"

I looked up at him.

"Yah, I mean no, I mean I don't know."

We stood there in silence until Skylar spoke up.

"You should get to school."

"Yah."

Skylar disappeared and I put my clothes on. (Jackie's Outfit For School Above)

I wore all black because that's how my soul currently felt.

I rushed down the stairs and stuffed waffles in my mouth. I was eating like a pig but to be honest, I don't care.

I made my way out and went to school.

***

The home room bell rang so I ran as fast as I could to home room.

"So nice of you to show up Jackie."

I sat down in my usual seat while everyone called out "here" when Mr.Hernandez said our name.

I felt eyes piercing into my neck so I turned around only to be seen by Alex. I quickly turned around and sunk into my chair. When the bell rang, I ran to my first period class making sure I didn't see Alex.

As I was running, everyone would point at me and talk about me.

"That's the girl in the dance video."

"She's a really good dancer."

"She's an attention seeker."

That last comment took me by surprise and it came from no other than Amanda.

I rolled my eyes and made my way to first period class.

***

I was able to go through the first couple of periods without talking to Alex. It was now lunch and I was hesitant to walk in. Not only did everyone know me, but Alex would be there. I did not want to talk about that kiss because I still don't know how I felt about it.

I walked over to our table only to see Alex kissing Amanda. ON THE LIPS!!

Emily and Jacob saw me, they mouthed me a sorry. I'm guessing they know I like Alex. I mean I've only known them for about a week and they can read me like an open book. It's creepy sometimes.

I was on the verge of crying but I caught myself and sat in the table. Jacob whispered to me.

"Where did you go on Saturday? Is everything okay?"

"I'll tell you later." I said back.

"Ooo tell me too!" Emily said.

"Of course!" I responded.

I tried to ignore Alex and Amanda but I couldn't. The rest of the boys were eating like there was nothing wrong.

Did that kiss mean nothing to him?

Of course it meant nothing. You really think a popular would kiss you?

I heard Amanda moan and that's when I lost it. I broke down in tears and ran out of the cafeteria. People were staring at me but I did not care.

I ran into the girls' bathroom and fell to the floor. A couple minutes later Emily appeared in the bathroom and was hugging me. I told her everything, from the part when he saw me naked, to the part when he kissed me, to right now when he was kissing Amanda.

I wasn't as close to Emily as I was to Gianna, Sofia, and Sammy, but I did trust her.

"Awww honey, if Alex doesn't like you for you then he isn't worth it."

We stayed in our position for the whole period. Once the bell rang, Emily cleaned me up and walked me out of the bathroom.

"Thank you for staying with me Em."

"No problem J."

I smile at the nickname she called me and walked with her to class. We had the next period together so I know I wasn't going to be alone.

A/N: Hey sorry this is a short chapter. I owed you all a chapter so I did this one. I promise, the next one will be longer.
                               Love,
                                      Penguin 🐧