Chapter 9: Jealous

A/N: Play the song above right away as you are reading this chapter. It's called Knock You Down by Keri Hilson ft. Ne-Yo and Kanye West. I love this song. Enjoy!!!!

Jackie's POV

I woke up early so that I could pick an outfit for school. I wanted to look cute yet not too cute where I would draw attention. I decided to wear a light pink crop top that said: Normal Is Boring, and jeans. I hopped into the shower and began humming the song "Knock You Down". As I was singing that song, I realized that if Skylar is going to mess with my emotions, I have to prevent it. I need to stop crying and be brave. So if his love will knock me down then I need to get back up.

Omg, I'm in love with Skylar.

No you can't be, you've only known him for about a month or so.

Yah but you do love him. You love the way he comforts you-

But he doesn't do that anymore because he's being stupid and avoiding you.

*Sigh*

I finally finished my train of thought as well as my shower.

I put my clothes on and pulled my hair up into a pony tail. I grabbed my black converse and slipped my feet into it.

When I went downstairs, I placed a piece of bread in the toaster. When it popped out, I grabbed it and opened the door. My book bag was by the door so I grabbed it and sat on my bike. I rode to my new school and held my breath. I didn't know what to expect and I didn't have anyone here to help me get through this.

I placed my bike in the rack, secured it, and walked into my new school. I was greeted with the aroma of lavender perfume as well as axe colon. Luckily for me, the main office was right by the entrance so I walked in.

"Hello, how may I help you?"

"I'm...I'm Jackie and I just transferred here."

"Ah yes, I was told we would have a new senior this year. Come on sit. My name is Ms.Davidson."

I shook her hand quickly so she couldn't feel the trembling in my hand.

She gave me my schedule and said that she would be calling someone to give me a tour.

After about 5 minutes, this girl with way too much lipstick popped in.

"Amanda this is Jackie. You will give her a tour of the whole school."

"Okay." She said all peppy.

She looped her arm into mine and walked me out. Once she slammed the door shut she took her arm out mine.

"Come on let's get this over with." She snarled.

I looked down at my schedule to see what kind of classes I was attending. As I was skimming through it, I bumped into someone and dropped all my books.

"Sorry I bumped into you."

"No it's okay. Let me help you pick your books up."

I looked up and saw this really cute guy. I blushed and looked down so he couldn't see me.

"Ugh!!!! Come on Jessica we have a tour to continue." Amanda said annoyed.

"My name is Jackie." I told her.

"Nice name." The guy said.

"Thank you." I said quietly.

"My name's Alex."

We shook hands and Amanda glared at both Alex and I. I guessed they were dating or something so I reluctantly pulled my hand away.

"I should get going." I said as normal as I could.