Chapter 7: The Beginning Of A Relationship

Jackie got herself ready to go to church. She went every Sunday morning.

"Bye mom I'm going to church."

"Okay sweetie love you."

Jackie slammed the door shut and made her way to church. It was only 3 blocks away so she was able to walk there.

Once she opened the doors and entered the church, it was empty. She was very confused as to why the church was empty so walked around to see if she could find anyone. Luckily she found the priest hiding in the confession room.

"What's going on?"

He looked up at Jackie startled and then began to explain.

"We...we...we saw a ghost!!! And he attacked us!!!"

Right away I knew which ghost he was talking about.

Before he could say anything else I ran back home.

"Back already?" Maria said.

"I'm going to my room mom!!"

She ran to her room and closed her door.

"SKYLAR GET OUT HERE NOW!!!"

"Feisty much??"

"How could you attack the church?"

"Is that what they are saying I did?"

"THEN WHAT DID YOU DO??"

"I just wanted to go to a mass to be there with you. I was going to wait for you but someone saw me and shrieked 'GHOST!!!' and then everyone panicked and tried to throw things at me. Obviously they can't hurt me physically, but inside I was hurt that they were afraid of me so I started going around to everyone to see if anyone would be kind to me."

"Well of course they are going to be scared of you. YOU ARE A GHOST FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!"

"I'm really sorry." Said Skylar.

Jackie felt bad for being so harsh to him. She sat on her bed and patted the spot next to her so he could sit. He sat next to her.

"Listen, I'm not mad. But you have to be careful next time, okay?"

"Okay." Skylar said with a smile.

Jackie went to hug him and ended up going right through him and falling face first on her bed. She picked herself up and rubbed her nose.

"You want to know something?" Jackie asked.

Skylar laughed because she fell and then responded.

"What?"

"I wish you were a real person so I could just kiss you."

Skylar blushed.

"Close your eyes."

"Why?" Jackie asked.

"Because if you close your eyes you can actually feel me."

Jackie closed her eyes and imagined Skylar as a real person. Skylar leaned in and kissed Jackie on the lips. Jackie could feel his kiss. It was warm and made her feel secure and safe.

They broke from their kiss and stared at each other for what felt like forever.

"Jackie?"