XVIII

Dallon woke up incredibly morose, to the point where he didn't want to leave the bed.

so he didn't.

he laid there all day, and since Brendon had left last night, he had no excuse to get up.

there was suddenly a loud, threatening knock on the door.

"Dallon!" a man shouted, "open up!"

Dallon swore to himself, realizing it was his landlord looking for rent.

"good afternoon, Dave."

"I need your rent. you're late, for the third month in a row. do you ever plan on paying me?" he questions.

"I'm so sorry but I just don't have the money. I promise I'll get it to you. eventually."

"no, Dallon, you won't. you never do because you think that somehow singing on the streets will get you somewhere. news flash, it's not," Dave states angrily.

both men stand there, wallowing in anger. Dallon is debating on punching him like he's always wanted, but he refrains.

"I want you out of here. you have until tomorrow," Dave says coldly.

Dallon shuts the door softly in his face, not wanting to anger him further, and gets his phone out to call Brendon.

"Brenny? my landlord just kicked me out. can I stay with you for a while?"

Dallon hears rustling in the background before Brendon finally speaks.

"uh, sure. that's fine," he says, seeming distracted.

"okay. thanks, babe."

why did he seem so distracted? does he not want me to stay with him?

I shrug it off and pack a bag of clothes, heading to Brendon's house, worrying about getting a place of my own.