Chapter 4: Mad Love

Alfred wept silently as he dusted off the Bat computer. He didn't need to dust it, he just had to do something. Just sitting there doing nothing would only leave him with his thoughts and right now the last thing he wanted to do was think.

Alfred quickly wiped away  his tears when he heard the Batmobile zooming down the cave. He couldn't let Master Bruce see him like this.

Bruce looked at Alfred with concern as he leapt out of the car.

"Are you okay, Alfred?" He asked, taking notice of the wetness of his eyes.

"I'm fine." Alfred replied, trying to reassure Bruce of his stability. "Did you figure out the Joker's plan?"

"No, but I found the key to connecting all the dots." Bruce answered, showing Alfred the mother board. "With this we can track down whoever hacked into the Clocktower for Joker."

Bruce placed the motherboard into the Bat computer's hard drive and the computer began to scan for any traces to the hacker's IP address.

"Why haven't you gone after Ms. Kyle yet?" Alfred asked, having deduced the way Bruce felt about her a long time ago.

Bruce scowled at him.

"I can't go in there not knowing the Joker's plan." He looked down. "Barbara is already gone, I'm not losing anyone else."

Alfred put his hand on Bruce's shoulder, trying to reassure him.

"There isn't a doubt in my mind that you'll save her." He said in the most supportive  tone he could come up with.

Bruce looked up and smiled at Alfred, starting to have faith in himself again.

Beep! Beep!

Their conversation was interrupted by a beeping sound coming from the Batcomputer. It had found the hackers IP address. His name was written in big black letters on the monitor.

Noah Kutler

____________________________________

Catwoman struggled to get free from the ropes tied around her wrists that were keeping her tied to the chair. She winced as the Joker walked closer to her.

He smiled at her.

"What is it now?" She asked, disturbed at the sight of his grin.

"It seems that Batman doesn't intend on joining us this evening. I have business to attend to, so I'm going to leave you with my lovely assistant." He pointed to the area of the room that was obscured by shadows and darkness.

Harley Quinn slowly walked into the light. She had a gleeful smile plastered onto her face. She was wearing the tightest outfit she had ever worn, everything was on display.

"Great introduction, Puddin." She said, smiling lovingly at the psychopath.

"Of course, Darling. Take good care of our guest." He said, kissing her hand and heading towards the door.

Harley turned towards Selina, still smiling.

"He is so sweet! Isn't he?" She said, sighing.