I closed the door behind me, but I couldn’t stop myself from thinking: wow he’s pretty.

Come on Avery, pull yourself together, you’ve been here for two days. Seriously, stop thinking for two seconds. Wait, do I actually talk to myself in my head...

~ ∞ ~

After a long, needed shower, I sat on my bed in a light blue summer dress, barefoot because I was too lazy and tired to do anything else. I rummaged through my bag to find the crown jewel of everything I own: my apple laptop computer. I think I had a name for him once, but I can’t quite remember. Opening up Mr. No-Name, I was hit with a sudden realization. I need to email my dad!

How could I have forgotten?! I’ve been so caught up in trying to figure all this out, that I totally forgot that I’d email dad! I clicked onto my email, the first email was from dad... oh.

To: averycat@aol.com

From: ishouldbesnacking@aol.com

Hey honey!

Just landed in Hong Kong, it’s quite busy here! How’s LA? I hope everything went well, I think I forgot to do something though, but I can’t figure out what it is. Oh well! Email me later if you feel like it.

Love you xx

Dad.

And he’s the one of the big-wigs at a major corporation? Oh you “think” you forgot to do something...

Compose Email

To: ishouldbesnacking@aol.com

From: averycat@aol.com

Hey Dad,

Minor complication with the living arrangements, I’m now living in a house with a friend I made on the plane. Don’t worry though, I’ll be fine. Make sure you take your vitamins, and set your alarm, you have a meeting with the head of departments tomorrow. You’re welcome. I miss you, but you know what, I think this is going to be really great for me...

Love you :) x

Ave.

Send.

Just as I shut my laptop, there was a knock on my door.

“Come in!”

“Hey Avery, we are all going out for dinner. You want to join?” Willow asked, smiling.

“Sure, let me get a jacket!” I cheered, hopping off my bed.

She laughed as she closed the door, “You might want some shoes too.”

I slipped on my sandals effortlessly, and grabbed my black hooded sweater.

“Coming!”

~ ∞ ~

We all piled into Evan’s car, minus Luke and Calum who took their own. As we drove along the road parallel to the beach, I watched the sun take a dip into the ocean as it signaled the end of day and the start of night.

By the time we arrived at the restaurant, the sun had fully set, and street lamps were lit in celebration of the start of night. On the way over, Willow and Harry went on and on about the “night-scene” over on this part of California, and even though we weren’t technically in Los Angeles, you couldn’t tell the difference. I’m starting to get a weird vibe from Harry or maybe it’s Willow, I can’t really tell, but somethings up and I don’t know what...

“Are you just going to stand there, or are you coming in?” Evan asked from the front doors of the restaurant, as I realized I had been daydreaming for the past five minutes or so.

I nodded and walked into the restaurant with her, it was a crowded place with lots of red and white checkerboard table cloths. Waitresses and waiters weaved between tables and chairs, never losing their balance for a moment, like ballerinas in a dance.

My friends and I were set up alongside a window with a view of the numerous people walking on the streets. Each person was more unique then the last, and I spent a moment enjoying the people-watching before joining back into the conversation at the table. I was sat on the outer edge of the wide booth, Evan sat next to me with Liam and Ashton beside her. On the other side of the table was Luke on the outer with Calum next to him, then Willow, and then Harry by the window.

“Evan, what do you need me to bring tomorrow?” Calum offered across the table.

“What’s tomorrow?” Evan asked, buttering another piece of bread.

Calum raised an eyebrow, “The party you’ve been planning for weeks?”

Evan stopped mid-buttering, “That’s tomorrow?!”

Evan turned to Liam, who just gave her a reassuring pat on the shoulder while nodding.

“Damn it! I got to call the girls, hopefully they remembered!” Evan puffed as she shoved me out of the way to get out of the booth to make a call outside.

After being pushed and pulled back into my seat I had to ask, “Party?”

“Yea, every summer when everyone comes back into town, Evan and her friends throw a big house party. Talk of the summer. It’s actually really unlike her to forget.” Calum responded.

I gave Liam a worried look, “House party? Does this mean your nice house is going to be a disaster, post-party?”

Liam smiled and chuckled a bit, “Maybe, but it’s usually worth it. Besides, it’s nice to get everyone together under one roof.”

Harry raised his hand, “I like to party...”

“No invitation needed Harry my good man,” Ashton added, “all are welcome, it’s a tradition around here.”

“Okay, I’m back!” Evan announced as she pushed me aside playfully once again. Luke gave me a smile as I sprawled back onto the plush seat of the booth.

“Liam. Perrie, Leigh-Anne, Jesy, and Jade are coming over tomorrow morning to decorate and take me out shopping for last minute things. That okay?” Evan asked, already knowing the answer.

Liam shrugged, “No problem, I think I’ll go surfing for a bit in the morning. The house is yours.”

A waitress came up to our table and took our orders, but as everyone else began going off on some other topic, I couldn’t help but worry that I wouldn’t fit into their party scene.

What do I know about partying?!

So yes, I added Little Mix into the story, but this is still a 1D and 5SOS story. Our girls are just in here for content purposes and some other things here and there, nothing major. Love ya! xx