The bittersweet reunion

"Otamee!"

My heart was suddenly filled with a joy I could not put words to seeing my sister at the doors of the throne room. Her lovely hair rushed around her face and curled under her elbows as she ran across the room, lightly jumping from the bottom of the stairs at the foot of my throne, and suddenly directly in front of my face floating softly. 

Where I had grown paler which made my hair look darker than it already was, she had a soft tan about her that I assumed came from her being outside in the sunlight that always complimented her so nicely. Not that I would ever tell her that. I got to maintain my evil some how. Her hair had also gone full white, I'm not sure from stress or what but I would question it later for what came out of her mouth next froze all thought.

"S..sister..," she hiccuped while reaching for me with her arms spread out. 

Time seemed to stop as I reached my arms out and held her in my arms, my heart filled to the top with a strong emotion I could only describe as severe "like". I mean I'm not going to admit that I was about to cry infront of my sister. oh no oh no. 

"Why haven't you called me?! Its been years and I miss you!,"she screamed into my ear

I squeezed her tighter and then began pulling her hair in all directions. 

"Who are you screaming at? hmmm?"

She struggled against my grip but then begged me to quit because she dressed up for today and I was ruining her lovely hair. She stood a few centimeters shorter than me as well I noticed but her body type was still almost a carbon copy of mine, despite the child I carried two years ago today. Tamami moved from my throne and onto the floor, using her knees and hands to crawl to Otamee. She pulled on the bottom of her dress and then used the leverage to pull up to standing. 

"Oh! my niece is so lovely sister!

I was scared. For once in my life, I was scared. I wasn't sure what Tamami would do to my sister. She is a conduit of light and of dark, if she burned me, then what would happen to my sister? 

"No! DONT TOUCH HER!," I screamed before pulling my daughter into my arms, the searing pain too much to bare and yet I had to in order to keep her and Otamee apart. 

"Sister...I dont..."

"Let me clarify," Papa Zeus interrupted. 

"Tamami is a conduit of both light and dark properties which means that she is just as much made of light as dark. We had to put a binding spell onto her father before her mother, Solstice, could in order to ensure that Solstice never tried to leave and take our darling granddaughter with her."

My arms were in so much pain it was almost numbing, but I continued to hold my daughter. She struggled against me knowing that I was in pain but I would bear it....only for her. 

"I cannot allow this grandfather," Otamee said walking toward Papa Zeus, "my sister cannot be separated from her daughter". 

"She must if she wants her to stay anywhere near her at all. I did the same with you and your sister, Eris nor Athena should have had children, let alone daughters and you two needed a certain environment that they couldn't give you."

I had never seen my sister upset but I think that was the emotion on her face. With her fists bawled at her sides she took in a breath. 

"Then i refuse to marry my betrothed!"

"YOU WILL MARRY HIM!",  our grandfather roared

"Marry who?," I question Irius with my arms finally letting go of Tamami so she could fiddle through her belongings. 

"My brother of course Solstice my love," he whispered into my neck, softly wrapped her hands around my wrists. 

I struggled against his hands on me but then a glowing black light came from his hands and wrapped around my wounds healing me slowly but not painful. I looked up at him and saw nothing but caring i his eyes. Eyes that have been staring at me since those two years ago. He hasn't tried anything with me since that night but its not as if I let him either. I have been sleeping in the same room as my daughter this whole time and even moved my closet into hers. All she wants to wear is old black and white dresses with frills and lace. I swear she got the mind of the dark ages. 

I touched my sister's hand and shook my head slowly. 

"If that is what you must do then do it sister, his brother may be softer than him and besides, you need to convince more people of the light in the world anyway".

Zeus seemed shocked that I would say such a thing, but hey, I'm allowed to change aren't I?

The rest of the party went smoother than I expected and Tamami got even more gifts from the gods. She got a temple in Cairo, a chariot in Greece, apparently the Eiffel Tower, and many more. She really liked the gift she got from Otamee which was an orb of white light. 

"When you are needing it most, it will reveal itself to you," she said softly while bending down to her eye level. 

Tamami reached her arms up and pulled Otamee's hair, causing my sister to fall to her knees and make a face of what I assume is shock. 

"My niece is very strong"

"Just like her mother," Irius complemented making my pale skin turn a light pink all over. 

"Shut up."

We celebrated with cake and games until it was time to pull the chariot across the sky up above on earth and everyone made their way back out of the underworld. I sat with my sister not saying a word but at the same time saying everything. I did not want her to leave. I wanted to know about our step mother, was she doing alright, was she looking for me or did they wipe her memory. What was school like now? How were my girls and my team? Did they graduate?

I knew it was selfish to barrade her with questions so I kept them to myself. I couldn't go back to the surface completely different than what I was before and with a daughter I can't even pick up if she falls. 

"The sun is setting...I must go sister," Otamee said choking on the tears that threatened to fall. 

"Can you come back?" I questioned

"I...I... don't know. The door didn't appear until now no matter how much I begged it to. Maybe its based on Zeus." 

"Well I know he won't allow this again any time soon

"I hope that he will Solstice. I love you and I will find a way back to you both I swear."

"I...I understand. Goodbye," I whispered running away from her and Irius. 

My daughter walked slowly behind me and into the darkness we call our home. I could sense her trying to crawl up the stairs to me, but the thought of not being able to hold her made me even sadder. I ruined my daughter's birthday with my own selfishness. This is so bittersweet.