Little but smart

My brother gets out of his room and looks at me confused.

-Are you ok? You don't look good - He says a little bit worried.

- Yeah...well I don't know - I say - you know what it's nothing.

- C'mon tell me - he says - I may be younger than you but I really think I could give you a good advice if you tell me.

- It's not that I don't want your help, really - I say - I just think you...umm...won't know how to handle this subject.

- Please - he says with a sad puppy face - it' about mom and dad? It's about you and a boy? It's something with school?

- Too many questions Thomas - I say - well...it's actually something with the...umm...love story between mom and dad.

- What about them? - he says/asks - they fell in love, got marry and had you and me.

- Yeah...easy for you to say - I say - that's not quite the deal with me.

- What do you mean? - he asks.

- Well...it's a very long story - I start - but to sum up, I was a product of a one night stand, they got marry 3 years after having me and that if dad hadn't cheat on mom years earlier, it would have been a different story.

- Ummm...ok - he says - wait...dad cheated on mom? When???

- No that was years ago - I say in an attempt to calm him down - It's ok  now.

- Ohh then why are you upset? - he asks.

- Because...- I start - Now that I realize...the story isn't so bad, I mean what bothers me most is not the fact that they didn't plan to concieve me, what bothers me most is that they didn't tell me before. And I know it shouldn't but...that's how I feel. For years I kept asking them to tell me their story and all they did was...lie.

- Well...maybe it's ok you know...I mean don't get me wrong but maybe it's true, that you were not gonna understand this when you were a child - he says affectionately - If you think about it, it's like Santa's story - I looked at him weird but then he continued - I mean when you are a little kid, parents always say that the one who brings the presents home for Christmas it's Santa and they say that because it's easier for a kid to understand...basically everything... but when the kid gets older, parents tell the kid it's a lie and the actual reason for them to do that, it's because they want us to have a happy childhood and that the complicate things in life come later on, for us to understand them better.

- Wow...did that really came out of your mouth - I say with my mouth forming an O.

- Well...yeah I think so - he chuckles a little bit.

- It was just so...beautiful - I say - I mean that was the best explanation. Thank you. Really.

- You're welcome - he says, obviously proud of himself.

- Come here - I say as I pull him into a hug.

- Well I think I' gonna tell mom and dad that I have already understand...this - I say as I stand up.

- Ok - he says - hey, at what time is the family gonna come?

-At 8:00 , why? - I ask.

- Well - he says as he goes to his room and brings something I can't see - I didn't give you your present - he says as he pulls out a necklace that said 》To The Best Sister .

- Aww Tommy, it's beautiful - I say very happy...and surprised - Thank you, I love you bro.

- Me too sis - he says as he gives me a hug and then pulls away.

After a few minutes I decide to tell my parents that I'm sorry for blame them before and everything.
As I go down, somebody knocks on the door, so I want to answer it. When I open the door it was...Ben!

- Hey!! Happy birthday - he says giving me a hug.

- Ben!! - I say pulling out of the hug - so glad you are here!! It's been long since I don't see you, how are  you?

- Good, you? - he asks.

- Good I think - I say.

- Is something wrong? - he asks.

- No, I'm fine, just that mom and dad told me the truth about...everything - I say.

-Oh...oh - he says -  but are you ok now? I mean, how did you take it?

- Well bad at first -  I say - but then, Thomas helped me a little...well a lot and I finally understood.

- Oh good - he says - the important thing is that they are together now and you won't have to worry about them anymore. I mean you won't have to worry about their past relationship, because you know that at the end everything worked out great.

- Yeah , you're right, thanks - I say.

He hugs me one more time and then we started walking again.

As we are about to go into the kitchen for Ben to say hi to Ross and Rachel, Thomas comes down running to hug Ben.

-----------------------

Sorry for taking so long to update! The next few weeks I will update more often. So I'm gonna leave it there for this chapter and I'll publish the next one in a few days.
Please vote and comment if you like it :)