Revelation

He sat there for a long time.

Aquarius was getting nervous now. She didn't want to have another fight with him.

Her mind started racing. Was it about the gallery? The frequent trips? Aquarius started tapping her foot.

"I have to confess some things to you. And I want you to listen and understand properly what happened and what will happen", Scorpio started saying.

"What are you saying, babe?", Aquarius started saying, but Scorpio stopped her and said, "Please. Don't interrupt". She nodded.

"In college, I fell love with Pisces. I know how mad that sounds, but bear with me. I was head over heels in love with her. But I didn't do anything about it cause I was scared. One night, during a party at Aries', she and I, we kissed. Next day she didn't remember anything cause she was drunk. Anyway, I blamed her for not calling so I stopped talking to her. Then she left for San Francisco and I tried moving on. That's when I met you. You helped me move on. And I fell in love with you. And the past 3 years have been great. There were ups and downs but... It was good. Anyway, after Pisces came back, I still felt a little resentment towards her. At that time I didn't know that she hadnt called the other day cause she didn't remember. She confronted me and that issue was cleared. I forgave her, she forgave me, we buried the hatchet. Soon after, however, I don't know what happened, but I started feeling something for her. At first I thought they were just leftover feelings from college, and that they would eventually pass. But they didn't. They kept growing", Scorpio paused and took Aquarius' hand, who had started trembling. "I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now", he continued, "But I am so so sorry. I am really sorry about this Aqua, but I love her. I love Pisces. I always have. I wish I weren't doing this to you, I wish-" Scorpio stopped as a tear fell from his eyes.

Aquarius started sobbing too. She couldn't believe this was happening. She knew, she and Scorpio never made sense, but they always somehow made it work. And now, this. She slipped her hand away from his. He looked at her with immense pain in his eyes. The kind of pain he would have after having a nightmare. She knew his pain and regret were genuine, his feelings a 100 percent true, but she couldn't help but feel betrayed. Why shouldn't she? She didn't deserve this.

"How could you do this to me? How could you do this to us?" she whispered. Scorpio lowered his head as he sobbed. He didn't say a word. He couldn't.

Aquarius got up and started pacing. She wiped her face.

Pisces was one of her best friends. She didn't blame her for this. She felt betrayed, but now, oddly enough, she didn't blame Scorpio for this either.

She glanced at him, his head in hands. She stared at his dark hair as she kept thinking about what had happened.

Her whole world had came crumbling down, but she felt weirdly calm. Her whole world had came crumbling down and yet... it felt like it didn't.

She still had her art gallery, her friends. She loved Scorpio with all her heart, but he wasn't the most important thing in her life, just one of the important things. She always knew that she couldn't give Scorpio all the time in the world. She knew he needed more love from her than she could give, that she would never be enough for him. She realized it was the kind of love Pisces would be able to give.

Aquarius sat down besides Scorpio and took his hand. "Before you started talking, I was gonna tell you something, something that would change our lives", she started saying, "I am moving to Chicago. I am opening another art gallery there. Kinda like a branch if you will".

That was a lie, but Aquarius had made up her mind. She would go to Chicago for a few months to open her gallery there. But more importantly, she would let Scorpio go and give her blessings to him and Pisces. "So I guess this is for the best", she continued, "I officially give you my blessings". She slightly smiled and stroked his hair. "Go get her". Scorpio looked at her, he face full of shock and awe. He tried saying something but nothing came out.

Aquarius smiled and said, "I love you Scorpio. I always will".

She got up and started to leave. "The moving vans will be here day after tomorrow. Till then I'll stay with Gemini. We'll talk again before I leave. Good luck". She smiled and kissed him on the cheek. She turned around and left.

Scorpio just stood there, shell-shocked.