Present

Pisces sat at her desk. Just then a guy with a bouquet approached her and placed it on her desk. "Just sign here, please", the guy said. Pisces obliged. The delivery guy nodded and went away.

Pisces picked up the card. 'From Jameson, with love', it read. Pisces crumpled up the card and threw the bouquet in the trash. She got up from her chair, picked up her stuff and headed out.

Pisces hailed a cab and instructed the driver to take her to her place. She had decided to head out of town for a few days with Sagittarius. Aquarius had already left for a business trip to L.A. so she was safe. 

As Pisces opened the door, she saw Virgo, Cancer, Aries and Leo sitting in the living room. Aries was cracking some joke while the others were laughing and smiling. Cancer saw Pisces' brooding face and asked, "Hey, Pie, What's wrong? Why so glum?". Pisces faked a smile, shook her head and said, "Nothing. Everything's fine. Can we talk?" she pointed to Sagittarius and went to the kitchen. "Yeah? What's up?" Sagittarius asked as she entered the room. "I think we should leave this weekend. Go to a resort or something. Have, like a, spa weekend or something?". Before Sagittarius could response, Leo walked in and said, "That is a fantastic idea! Yeah, yeah, yeah. We should all go. We could go up to my cabin at Lake George. It would be FUN! It would be so awesome". Before Pisces could protest, he went outside and announced his idea to everyone. Pisces and Sagittarius followed suit. By the time Leo was done, Cancer was already making plans, calling up everyone.

*** A few hours later ***

Cancer looked up from her tablet and said, "So here's the deal. Other than the people in the apartment, only Libra has agreed to come. Taurus has to stay behind and keep an eye on the gym, Gem has his show to write and Aqua is out of state. Still no word on Scorpio, but he is coming here right now. We leave tomorrow morning. We'll take three cars and Leo has his cabin's caretakers set up the cabin". Aries smiled and excitedly said, "Awesome! This is gonna be so much fun".

A while later, someone knocked on the door and Sagittarius went to open it. It was Scorpio. Cancer shot a look at Pisces as she tried to hide her mixed expressions. Scorpio came in hurriedly and asked Cancer, "Hey, what's wrong? what's the emergency? What happened?". Cancer sheepishly replied, "Oh sorry, yeah, there's no emergency. You weren't picking up your phone so we texted you that there's an emergency".

Scorpio closed his eyes and rubbed his temple, as if trying to calm himself down. He then silently glared at Cancer as she took a step back. "Well, we are all planning to go to Leo's cabin tomorrow for the weekend, so technically it IS an emergency. You in?". Scorpio just kept glaring at her. She sheepishly asked, "So that's a yes?". Scorpio slowly started saying, "Let me get this straight. Your plan was to lie to me and get me here so that you can ask me out to the most boring trip? Without Aquarius?". "Yes?", Cancer asked nervously.

Scorpio looked at Pisces and asked, "You were in on this?".  She winced, but before she could reply, Sagittarius interrupted her. "In on this? She's the one who came up with this", Sagittarius smirked, quickly adding, " The trip, not the lying-to-get-you-here part".

Pisces lowered her eyes. She could not believe this was happening. Amongst the chaos, she had forgotten about Jameson. What had started out as a way to get away from him for a while, had quickly turned into a family vacation. Sagittarius put hand on her shoulder and said, "It's gonna be okay. It's better this way, I think". Pisces nodded. Scorpio gazed at her with a confused look on his face. "What was she tal-" Scorpio started to ask, but was interrupted by Leo. "Phone call for you. It's Aqua", Leo said as he handed Scorpio the phone, "And please pick up your goddamn phone, bro". Scorpio glared at him, glanced at Pisces for second and went outside to talk on the phone.

That was close, Pisces thought to herself, relieved. If Scorpio found out, God knows what he would. He would probably go after Jameson, not knowing how dangerous he was, with his previous assault charges and his gang-related connections. Pisces sighed as broke out of her thoughts. She picked up her cup of coffee, went inside and started packing.