A New Year

A new year, Pisces thought. New year, new place. Pisces had just moved to New York as part of her new job. She was a writer for an online news company called The Looking Glass, which had ventures into politics, entertainment, business, etc. Pisces was a former travel writer and just now had ventured into the business side of things. This was a good change. She hated change.

She arrived at a building in the middle of Midtown Manhattan. Pisces was going to move in with one of her oldest best friends Sagittarius. She knocked on the door, and a tall brunette wearing a black miniskirt and a silvery top, answered the door. Wow, nothing's changed, Pisces thought. Pisces knew Sagi (her nickname) since way back in college when she was a wild party girl. Turns out she was still that same wild party girl. Pisces was seeing Sagi after a long time. "OMG!", Sagi said. "Piiiiiee, how the hell have you been?", Sagi yelled crushing Pisces with a bear hug. And then she punched her in the arm. "You don't write, you don't call, you don't Skype, what the fuck??" Sagi screamed. "Ow, sorry sorry, its just i have been busy" Pisces said. "Well come on in, I'll get you a beer" Sagi replied. "It's 10 in the morning", Pisces sighed. She loved Sagi but she just couldn't handle her party life. Sagi was now a successful graphic designer working for the same company Pisces had just started working for. "How is everyone else?" Pisces asked. She was talking about their group of friends from college, Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Virgo, Leo, Aquarius, Capricorn, Libra and Scorpio. "Oh they are great", Sagi replied excitedly. "Taurus and Aries have started their own gym, which is super awesome if you ask me, and Gemini is working at 30 Rock. He's a producer for one of those boring commercials and stuff. Capricorn is still... you know paying for her mistakes. Cancer is working at Columbia Ed University in Brooklyn and Virgo is married to that guy Michael. They are still in Washington. Last I heard she was a campaign manager for a senator or some other idiot. Who else, lets see.... Oh and Aquarius and Scorpio are still together, which Cance said wouldn't last". Pisces was surprised. "Scorpio and Aquarius? When did that happen?" Pisces asked. "After you left for San Fran, Scorp and Aqua started dating. It became pretty serious after a while and now they are living together in this apartment in upper east side of which i am not at all jealous. Aqua is managing some famous and fancy painting gallery. And at the age of 28, Scorpy, he hates being called that by the way, is one of the youngest partners at that super big law firm David, Greene and McAvoy, which I think is really impressive" She replied. Wow, Pisces thought to herself as she settled in her room. Scorpio and Aquarius? Damn. Scorpio and Pisces had never clicked back in college. He was always distant and brooding, not talking to anyone. His best friend was Aries who was the exact opposite of him. Aquarius was also quite different than him altogether. She was a tennis player and an athlete, while at the same time learning American literature. She would've never had imagine Scorpio and Aqua together. Pisces tried to connect with him once or twice but he would always push her away. He had this silent anger to him that everyone was afraid of. Only Aries knew him well because of their friendship dating back to middle school. And now apparently Aqua too. Sagi and Pisces were to meet all their friends that night at Aries' place. Pisces yawned. She had a day off so she decided to take a long nap until then.