Chapter 28 - Soju nights

Start from the beginning

"Who else would call me from an unknown number?"  I scoffed.

"Just pick up." He groaned.

You'd think this guy would tell me not to pick up. As soon as I was about to press accept, it ended.

Bruh.

Then they called from an actual number. I stared at it. This number is definitely not American.

"One second, I'm putting you on three way. Mute your phone." I accepted the call and merged it.

I expected a bitchy voice, but was confused when a soft voice asked for me.

"Who is this?" I asked.

Their accent was obviously Korean. "I am Haeun, do you have a minute?"

Oh yes I do bitch! It's lit.

"Hello Haeun. I have a minute, but how did you get my number?"

She sighed. "Please don't worry about that. I j—"

"Girl, you know I can't put that past us. You can't just call me from an unknown number and then not tell me how you got my number."

"Len Hunter, 18, born the 2nd of March in Brooklyn, New York." My heart painfully throbbed as my eyes widened, "Daughter of Ginel Powell and Chadrick Hunter Sr. Currently att—"

"How do you know these things about me?!" I yelled. She softly exhaled.

"Len. Where is Yejun?"

My hand trembled. A knock on my door made my head snap to it.

"Are you okay?" said Chad as he peeked in. I nodded and he shrugged and closed my door. I waited until I heard the beads he past through and continued.

"I will not ask again." Although her voice was soft, it held authority in it. Who is she talking to like this?!

"Fuck outta here!" I yelled, "How you call my phone asking me all this bullshit?! If you know all of this about me, then you should know where Yejun is. You're funny Haeun, you really are. You must be on some good shit to think you can do this."

"...I don't understand."

"Don't ever call my damn phone again. You're bugging." Before she could continue, I hung up.

Now I got her number. She really did a background check on me... How did she even get my last name? Shit, I hung up on Yejun. My phone rang and I picked it up.

"How could you hang up on me? You're so rude..." Haeun softly spoke.

"Did I not just tell you to stop calling me? Take the L and go away."

"Take the L?" She mumbled more to herself, "What L?"

My phone began to buzz. I picked up Yejun's call and quickly talked. "Hey, I'm going to put you on three way. Mute your phone." I merged the calls and sighed.

"Haeun, I'm letting you know this right now. Are you listening? Okay, I'll take your silence as a yes. Yejun is my man and my man only. Whatever contract his deceased mother signed doesn't apply to any deal anymore. Nobody cares about your bum ass company. Hop off our nuts. And really, you sent hitmen? Are you serious?! You know I got my arm dislocated?! Oh so help me God when I see your ass!"