Chapter 28 - Soju nights

Comincia dall'inizio

Picking my phone up, I went to Yejun's contact: Bae 🇰🇷❤️ Tapping it, I put the phone to my ear.

"Len?"

I smiled at the sound of his voice.

"Hey Yejun."

"Hey, is everything alright?"

"Everything's good. I made the decision."

He paused. "Oh... I'm just letting you know this, I'm not forcing you to make any decision. Don't let me influence what co—"

"Anyways, I'm going to Hunter College."

Yejun let out a loud exhale. "Thank God!" I laughed at his reaction. "I've been so... worried these past couple of days. I'm glad you chose to stay here. Are you going to move in with me?"

I sat up. "I was thinking about it, but I'm scared that I'll be a nuisance to you."

"Nuisance? Len, I wish you were here everyday. I feel more at ease when you're around." I couldn't help but blush. Here I was thinking Yejun would get tired of me. Are we even still in the honeymoon phase?

"Are you alive?"

"Ye- yeah! Sorry!" His laugh was the best thing ever. Everything about Yejun is just perfect. "Well?"

"Okay, but you know... I have to contribute to rent."

"...Len, I mean..."

"Either that, or I'll just stay here."

"Aish, I'm trying to help you and you're making things harder on yourself." I rolled my eyes as he continued, "You'll only contribute to it when you get a job, okay?"

That sounds fair. "Thanks Yejun."

"I assume you got home safe?"

"No, I died on my way back. I'm a ghost— oOoOo!"

"Len!" I burst out laughing and heard him loudly exhale. It's bad enough Yejun's afraid of ghosts, but joking around about it puts the icing on the cake.

He muttered something in Korean and I raised an eyebrow. Oh, he wants to play this game again? "What did you say?"

"Nothing!"

"Yejun."

I heard the smile on his voice and rolled my eyes. "It's nothing bad, I promise."

Yejun must be talking mad smack. I should curse him out in Mandarin. As we continued talking, my phone buzzed. I took it from my ear and looked at it.

Private number.

Who the fuck is calling me from a private number? "Yejun, I'm getting a call from an unknown number."

"Pick it up, I'll wait." I scoffed. This bum ass guy really think I'm about to pick it up? I waited for it to stop and rolled my eyes when they started calling again.

"They're calling again."

"Len, I really think you should pick up."

"Have you not learned anything? I just want to know how those scary ass people got my number."

"You think it's Choi Haeun?"