Easter Preparations, Painting, and Decision

Začít od začátku

I followed Aster as he moved around the warren some more. He then passed by a yeti, that I'm pretty sure was the one of painted the toy robots in a color that North didn't like, painting eggs red. "Too Christmas-y, mate. Paint them blue." Aster said to the yeti. The yeti became frustrated like he did the last time something like this happened. I walked over to him to see how many eggs that he painted red.

My eyes widen as I now saw two red pyramids made of eggs that reached halfway up my legs! (Rhymed again!!) I shook my head at the poor yeti as I took the brush from him and changed the paint to blue. "Don't worry, I got it." I told the yeti as I painted each and every egg that he painted red, to blue in a matter of 7 seconds. "There you go." I told the yeti as he became happy and hugged me tightly like last time. "Glad that I could help." I told the yeti as he released me from his grasp.

As I walked around to see what other patterns were on the Easter eggs, 14 blank eggs came walking up to me. I was confused at this point, why weren't they painted like the rest of them were? And why weren't they with the rest?

"Why are you eggs not painted yet?" I asked out loud as I bent down to look at them. I felt two things bump my left foot. I look down to see a cup full of paint brushes, and a big painting kit full of many different colors in different shades. I looked up to see the yeti that I helped earlier giving me a thumbs up before he walked away. 'Is this his way of saying thank you for helping me?' I thought as I looked back at the non colored eggs.

"Do you want me to paint all of you?" I asked them. They all then surprised by jumping up and down in a happy manner. I laughed a little a the cute display in front of me. "All right, all right, I'll get right to it then." I said as I picked up an egg and painted each one, except for two, in colorful and pretty patterns.

" I said as I picked up an egg and painted each one, except for two, in colorful and pretty patterns

(This is what they look like)

After I got done painting twelve of them, I turned to the last two that needed painting. "Hmm... What should I do for you two?" I muttered as I thought of different ideas. I want them to be special, for me and Aster specifically. I thought for another minute, until an idea came to my head. "I got it!" I exclaimed as I grabbed one of them and grabbed another paint brush from the cup.

10 minutes later ~

Finally, I am done with the two special ones. I took my time with these two because I didn't want to mess anything up. I got to say though, they turned out more beautiful than I thought. They are both the same in most aspects, except for a few minor details. The egg for Aster is in a similar color to his fur, but a little brighter, it has gold carrot markings in between some narrow oval marks and had intricate fancy gold curved lines around the egg. My egg is scarlet red, like my hair, and it has markings of my rainbow feathers in between the narrow oval marks.

Actually, now that I think about it, I have two gifts to give to Aster now. I really do hope that he'll like them. As I finished putting away the supplies, I snapped my fingers and the kit disappeared to my home. I didn't say my teleportation powers only applied to me or living things. I gathered up all of the eggs that I painted, in my arms. But, I hid the special two in my coat pocket to surprise Aster. I then walked towards where he was, which was with Sophie, at an entrance of a tunnel.

"What's over there?" I heard Aster say to Sophie, referring to a pink Easter egg to the left of them, which Sophie picked up and brought it back to Aster. "That's a beauty!" Aster told Sophie. I decided now to make my presence noticed. 'I hope he likes them...' I thought nervously as I walked towards Aster and Sophie.

"Hey Aster! Sophie! I just got done painting some eggs of my own!" I told them as they looked at me. "Well, let's see them, mate." Aster told me. I walked close to the two of them and set my painted eggs on the ground for them to see.

"What do you think?" I asked the two. "Pretty! Pretty!" Sophie said happily as she grabbed the blue egg with the rainbow zigzag pattern. I looked at Aster to see that he has a big grin on his face. "Wow Josh! Those are beauty too! You've got talent, mate." Aster told me.

I smiled happily to see that he liked them. "Thank you Aster!" I said to him as we began to walked through the tunnel. "Now, all we got to do is get him and his little mates through the tunnels to the top and we'll have ourselves Easter." Aster told Sophie as we watch all the eggs go into many different tunnels. Then, Jack came in behind us and took to standing on Sophie's right side.

I look over to see Sophie laying in Aster's arms sleeping. "Not bad" Jack commented. "Not bad yourself." Aster commented back as they both smile softly at each other. "Look, I'm sorry about the whole, you know, the kangaroo thing." Jack apologized to Aster. "It's the accent, isn't it?" Aster asked jokingly as Tooth and North came up behind us.

"Poor little ankle-biter. Look at her. All tuckered out." Aster said softly as we all looked at Sophie's sleeping form in his arms. "I love her. I think it's time to get her home." Tooth told us. "How about I take her home?" Jack offered.

"Jack, no. Pitch is..." "No match for this." Jack interrupted Tooth, gesturing to his staff as Tooth held Sophie. "Which is why we need you here with us." Aster told Jack. "Trust me. I'll be quick as a bunny. Plus, you've got Josh, I mean, you all saw what he did to Pitch! He's no match for Josh! Not by a long shot!" Jack told the Guardians.

I sheepishly rubbed the back of my head at Jack's statement. Tooth sighed as she handed Jack, Sophie's sleeping figure. Jack then flew away to place her in her bed at her home.
North and Tooth eventually left to do other things.

I breathed in and out nervously. 'All right, now is my chance to tell him how I feel.' I thought as I turned to Aster to tell him how I truly feel about him.