Chapter Eighteen

COLE

It had been so long. Waiting for her to wake up seemed pointless. They had said that there was a very small chance of her waking up from her coma. It was either her waking up, or never waking up again. There would be no way for me to deal if she didn't wake up. I'd go insane.

She is my everything, she owns my heart and soul. If she dies, part of me would too. 

"Cole, I think you need to let her go," Noah said.

"No!" I growled. That wasn't an option.

"I may be your Beta and have to listen to you, but I'm also your friend. I can't let you do this to yourself man, you know what the pack doctors said."

"I don't care what they said Noah. I'm not giving up on her, never."

"There's going to be a time when you're gonna have to. I'll be there for you bro, so will the rest of the pack. Just know, when you're ready, when ever that is, we're all here," he said walking away.

"I'm never gonna let go," I whispered in her ear. "Please come back to me, please baby. I need you."

~*~

It had been two more weeks and Bri still wasn't awake. I missed her warm touch. Her bright blue eyes. Each day her body became paler and paler. I just wanted her to wake up. I wanted my mate back. I wanted to see her smile and kiss her rosy cheeks.

The door opened behind me.

"Noah I really don't wanna hear it," I said defeated.

"It's not Noah," her voice said.

"Mom?" I asked looking up.

"Sweetie, Noah's right. This," she said gesturing at me, "isn't healthy."

"I don't care. I'm not leaving her," I said determined.

"Cole," she said softly.

"I can't let her go," I said.

"Think about the pack Cole, think about everyone else here. Stop being so selfish and face the fact that she's not coming back," she yelled at me.

"No! I won't until I know she's really gone. Until then, I will be by her side."

She nodded. "I understand Cole, I really do. She's your mate, your other half. But, you can't abandon your pack."

"I'm not, but I won't abandon her either."

"It's time Cole."

"If you're asking me to choose between her and the pack, you're not gonna be happy with what my answer will be," I said lowly.

"Cole-" she began.

"No. You know very well that she is my top priority. If I'm forced to choose, it will be her. It will always be her," I growled.

"Cole, you're not thinking straight. The boy I raised would never say this," she said.

"That's because the boy you raised didn't have a mate. I love her, without her I won't be able to live. It'll kill me. Get that through your fucking head," I yelled.

"Cole?" a small voice said. 

I whipped around quickly to see her blue eyes. They were dull, as if someone had drained the color from them. Instantly my face softened. 

"Bri, I'm here," I said, putting my hand in hers and kissing her lightly on the lips.

I looked back at my mother, silently telling her to leave. She gave me a weak smile and left me alone with my mate.