Chapter Fifteen

BRI

So many thoughts entered my mind at once, it was almost too much to stand. I couldn't sleep, instead I lay in bed wide awake. How would we get through this, how do we avoid war? I didn't want anymore innocent wolves to die because of me.

I rested my head on Cole's chest, trying to get as close to him a possible for comfort, but I still felt empty. Every time I close my eyes, I see them. Hurting me, touching me, abusing me. I didn't want him to be in charge of my life anymore, I couldn't take it.

"Bri," he whispered gently in my ear. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I said turning away from him.

"Don't give me that, what's wrong?"

" I don't want to talk about it Cole," I snapped.

"Brianna," he said, tracing small circles into my skin.

All I could imagine was his hands on me, the scars he left one me, mental and physical. I would never be the same. I never thought he could do worse, but he did. And that, was something I could never tell Cole. What if he no longer wanted me, or he thought I was too broken this time? What if I finally am not enough for him?

"You'll always be enough for me," he spoke into my ear. He was so close, I felt his even breath on my neck.

I closed my eyes tight, not letting the tears fall.

"Bri, no matter what happened with your dad, I will always love you," he said.

"You'll be disgusted with me."

"I could never be disgusted with you," he said pulling me closer to him.

"If only you knew what he's done to me," I said.

"Then tell me. You'll never get over what's happened to you if you don't talk about it," he suggested.

"I can't Cole, don't you understand, I can't," I yelled.

"You can Bri, you just need to trust me."

"I can't, I'm sorry Cole," I said, crying.

"Okay," he said turning away from me, going back to sleep.

I turned the other way and sobbing into my pillow. Soon after, I felt his hands back on my waist, pulling me close to him once again.

"I'm sorry, I understand it's hard for you Bri. I just want you to trust me,"

"I do trust you, but I just can't talk about it. Not yet."

"Did he touch you?" he asked.

Almost instantly, I knew that I had given him a sliver of information. I could tell he was angry from the quiet growl that rumbled in his chest.

"That bastard," he growled.

I tried to be strong, not letting my tears take over. I didn't want to be his weak mate, I wanted to be strong. 

"I love you Bri, I always will. Please, let me show you."

I turned around, kissing his lips lightly. 

"I already know Cole."

"Anything he's done to you, won't make me feel any less. I love you more than I will love anything else in this world."

He trailed kisses down my neck, stopping at my mark. He sucked lightly on my sensitive skin, giving me waves of pleasure. I felt as though I was floating, swaying back and forth. 

His lips lit fire of my skin of gas, igniting quickly and spreading until it creates one huge explosion. I gasped as he tore open my shirt, exposing my skin to him. He kissed my upper body lightly, leaving no spot left out.