Our Trip To Italy Part VI - The Ballroom Dance

Natsus POV
I had heard around the hotel that the hotel was hosting a ball tonight. Lucy would like that? Right? "Natsu you still haven't told me where we're going." Lucy said, in the backseat of a taxi next to me. I grinned. "That's for me to know, and you to find out." I said. The taxi stopped in the parking lot. I payed him and we got out. "The mall?" Lucy questioned, then shrugged. "Okay." She said. I held her hand and walked inside. I dragged her into a store the hotel lady from the other day had suggested. Huge gowns hung on racks. "Pick one." I told Lucy with a grin. "What?" She asked. "Go get one. The hotel is hosting a ball tonight." I said pulling her deeper into the store. She looked around, obviously in love with the store already. She looked through the gowns on racks. "Need any help miss?" A sales worker asked coming up to us. "She does. Got any ideas for her?" I answered for Lucy. The sales woman grinned and led Lucy all around the store grabbing several dresses and then led her into a dressing her room. I sat outside waiting for her. Lucy came out wearing a pink gown with white trim. The gown was off the shoulders and was long sleeved. "Well? What do you think?" Lucy asked. I meant to say 'perfect, you look beautiful' instead I stuttered majorly. "B-b-b well, I-i-i Uh.." The sales lady grinned. "Well it's a keeper then." She said. Lucy went back into the changing room and quickly came out. She held the gown in her hands. "Ready?" I asked and she nodded.

~Time skip! ~
Lucy came out of the bathroom wearing the gown. She still looked gorgeous, of course. I was wearing a tux I had bought earlier. "Ready to go Milady?" I asked, stretching out my hand. She took it and smiled. "I am indeed." She replied. As we walked down the hall, the sound of classical music filled my ears. When we reached the Ballroom, I swear I could feel Lucys excitement radiating off of her. She looked around smiling widely. "Don't you just love Italy, dear?" She asked breathlessly. "I do indeed, love." I replied and led her to the floor. Okay. I'm going to be honest. I absolutely sucked at ballroom dancing. Lucy was a pro at it. It is terrifying. We are all over the place. Luckily she doesn't seem to mind, instead, she seems to be enjoying it. "Having a good time?" I asked and she grinned. "The best. Way better then Daytona right?" She said. I let out a soft laugh and nodded. "Yes, way better than what I would be doing in Daytona." I agreed. We continued dancing, like wrecks of course. But neither of of us seemed to mind. Just enjoying to Ball itself and each other's company.

-------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for such a short chapter. I've been quite distracted lately. I've been finishing up Homestuck and re-watching one of my favorite shows, Merlin and watching lots of Fairy Tail. I will try to update sooner as I do have big plans for upcoming chapters. Byee
~Emily~