- Addiction 21 - SLIGHTLY UNEDITED

21
• • •
Karma Sundai Iñigo

He laid me down on the bed. My stomach began to twist and churn, causing me to nudge him.

"Orlyndo, I-I'm not in the mood anymore" I mumbled

He kissed my neck, "Why not?"

"Because-" I quickly covered my mouth

"Because?" He questioned in concern

Puke was creeping up my throat which made me push him on the floor. I hurried to make my way to the bathroom. Turning on the lights, I went to throw up in the toilet.

When I opened my eyes after I finished, it wasn't puke, it was blood. My chest tightened at the sight of red clots being splattered everywhere on the tiled floor. I know now that my cancer is getting much worse.

My vision became watery as I ran my fingers through my hair- soft whimpers fled from my mouth.

"Karma, are you okay?" Orlyndo rubbed the back of his neck

I shook my head not wanting to look at him.

He let out a groan, "How about you go in the other bathroom and take a shower. I'll clean this up"

"But I was the one who-"

"Karma, don't fuss with me right now"

Orlyndo helped me up. I left the current bathroom I was in to go down the hall.

Stripping out my messed up clothes, I turned the shower water on warm. I stepped in and I instantly let the water run over my tensed body.

I felt like a complete disaster. I wondered why I was still here, why Orlyndo still wanted me. So many questions I had was needed to be answered. As in, why did bad things always happen to the good ones? What made me become this way?

So I stood there- running up the water bill- thinking about different situations, different solutions.

After I washed up for several minutes, I pressed my back against the wall as the water continued to rain on me.

Seeing a figure walk into the shower, I looked to see Orlyndo there. A little smile formed on my lips as he grabbed the body wash.

Once he was finished, he wrapped his arms around my waist from behind. I laid the back of my head on the lower part of his chest, my hands on top of his.

"What are you thinking about?" Orlyndo inquired

I simply lied, "Nothing in particular"

When he heard my response, he turned the shower off, "C'mon"

The both of us got out the shower to dry ourselves. Orlyndo didn't speak a word, neither did I because I knew he was pissed. He just wanted to be sane about it.

I took my time to put on pajamas- Orlyndo threw on sweatpants. He immediately got under the covers when he finished, and I got in on the opposite side. My eyes stared into the darkness, my teeth biting on my bottom lip. His soft snores that he usually makes weren't being made, so I assumed he was awake still.

"It's getting worse" I spoke, my voice trembling

He shifted in his position, and I felt him sit up.

"You might think I'm okay or that I look totally fine, but I'm not" I sniffed, "One day I'll be dead and-"

"Don't say that" He interrupted

"But it's true. I'm not special, I'm not healthy, I'm not good enough. People in this world sees is an overweight black girl who always has a silly smile on her face. Yet the doctors see a big ass tumor in my body. I can't hide from my secret forever because I'm going to die from it anyways"