- Addiction 16 -

16
• • •
Orlyndo Toni Braune

"Does her pussy taste better than mine?" Cara asked

I looked up from my paper work, "Excuse me?"

"Does her pussy taste better than mine?" She repeated

"First off, who the fuck let you in this building- I fired you. Second, what makes you think that hers will taste any different? It's just a body part, it's going to taste exactly how it should taste" I grumbled, "Unlike yours that sometimes had an indecent odor"

Cara scoffed, turning around to walk out my office. I was only stating the truth.

"Wait" I called, standing up from my chair

She smiled and faced towards me. My jaw clenched, nodding for the guards to come in.

"You are not allowed back in here, you are restricted from being on any grounds that I own. If you didn't hear me the first time, Cara, you're fired" I adjusted my tie, watching the security take her out my office

"Fuck you, Orlyndo"

"You have a good day too" I said, taking my phone out my pocket

Karma texted me saying she has a fever and wanted to stay at her apartment for the day. I messaged her back saying I'll see her later on tonight or not.

"What do you mean by or not?" Karma questioned when I answered her call

"I have dinner with someone"

There was a pregnant pause, "With who?"

"Just someone"

"A woman?"

"If I say no, will you stop worrying?"

"Yes"

"Okay, but yes, it's a woman"

I heard shifting in the background, "Oh..."

Before I could reassure her that there was nothing to be concerned about, she hung up. Looking at my phone, I frowned and placed it on my desk.

What the fuck is her problem now?

Heading out my office, I went down the hall to the printing room. One of my workers, Lamar, handed me a few files. I always found him a bit suspicious but never really paid attention to the vibes he was giving off. He kept trying to make small talk, yet I wasn't interested in what he had to say- same with everyone else.

"How are you and that girl doing?" Lamar inquired

I scanned through the papers, "What girl?" I mumbled

"The one who's all over the media"

"Oh, we're good" I simply replied, closing the folder

Even if Karma and I were on bad terms, I'm going to say that everything is fine between us. People don't need to know what I'm doing 24/7.

I went back to my office, closing the door and sitting behind my desk.

Two hours went by and all I did was make calls, meetings, events, contract deals, and fill out papers. Tapping my pen on the surface of the wooden desk, I glanced at my phone. Karma never texted or messaged me like she usually does. Though I would barely reply back on time, it still bothered me that she never sent a message since she hung up.

I leaned back in my chair, calling her to see what she was doing.

After three rings, it went directly to voicemail. She pressed ignore instead of answering. Is she seriously this damn childish?