Just Know I Had To

Everybody had reunited with their loved ones after the the walkers attacked Hershel's farm..

When I saw Carl run to His mom, and family hug with his dad..

When I saw Beth and Maggie reunite with Hershel, their daddy..

I wanted none other than to be with my daddy..

I looked all around, hoping he'd pop out of one of the cars and embrace me with his usual protective dad squeezes.

But he didn't.

" Where's my daddy? " my limp voice put a pause to everybody's celebration.

" Where is he? " my voice turned stern, but still calm.. As tears cornered me.

I looked at Rick first.

He had a sick look to him, as he put his head down.

I nodded my head in understanding and let more tears fall.

Carol walked closer to me as I walked backwards in utter shock of the unsaid news I'd just gotten to know..

" No.. No! " I began to shout and fell to the floor.. Pulling my knees to my chest.

" No no no no.. " I began smashing my brittle fists into the road of the highway.

The only face I could make out with the tears drowning my eyes was Carl.

He had also had the same sick look.

Finally, I was grabbed by a walker and torn to pieces as my group did nothing but watch him devour every little inch of flesh my body supplied.

My agonizing yells of pain weren't making them budge..

Then I opened my eyes, to see Carol holding me, as I cried for real.

It was a dream.

A dream I'd once lived before, only I wasn't torn to pieces in real life, but finding out my daddy was gone was worse. Even if it had been nearly a year ago..

" Shh Shh, you're okay you're okay. " Carol held my forearms down.

I was panting for breathe and nearly wanting to cry in real life.

" Was it the dream? " she already was educated on my painful dreams I'd endure, she was the only one that knew.

" Yeah.. " I whispered, shaken up.

She kissed my forehead softly

" I wish I didn't have these. I don't know how much longer I can take thi- "

" You're not going anywhere, don't talk like that.."she interrupted me, she moved my hair out of my face.

I nodded in agreement and lied my head back down..

" Do you want me to lie with you?"

"It's okay, I'm fine." I smiled faintly at her and she kissed my forehead and went back to her cell.

I didn't sleep the rest of the night. That was fine by me.

I got up from my bunk and threw my hair up in the usual pony tail I'd always do, put my boots and jacket on, brushed my teeth and put on my best fake smile.

I was good at that.

I walked out of my cell, down the stairs and to the courtyard where all the other kids were.. Not Carl though.

" Morning Bailey. " Isabella, a Woodbury girl greeted me.

" Morning. " I smiled back.

" Morning Little one. " Daryl said and licked his fingers one by one.

" Napkin!" Carol snapped, and pushed one to his chest playfully.

" Morning bailey". Patrick, a Woodbury boy told me.

" Morning." I smiled back at him.

So I have a little crush on a Woodbury boy.. And?

I grabbed an apple, Rick grew in our garden and went back to my cell.. I didn't really want to associate with anybody today. I never really do after those dreams.

" Bailey, I need you to go get the corn for the pigs.. " carol asked me while she stood in the doorway of my cell.

I didn't want to, but I had no choice..

I knew what she was doing. Carl is in charge of all that stuff and she's doing whatever she can to get us talking again, so I can get him out of the phase he's in. I don't want anything to do with him now or anytime soon.

" Sure. " I reluctantly agreed, closing my journal and getting up from my bed.

" And do something productive today, get a tan or something". She joked and smiled, I wasn't in the mood for it.

Once I'd made my way to the storage room where that kind of stuff was held, I saw Carl..

I hadn't noticed the physical change in him. His hair was longer, he was much taller. His facial features sharpened. He looked older and more mature.

He's still psychotic.

" Hey, I uh need the corn for the- "

Carl interrupted me with the bucket of corn he'd already filled up.

I smiled faintly and took it from him.

" Thanks. "

He said nothing back.

I was on my way to walk out, but I stopped myself.

" Carl. " I said before turning completely around.

W-why'd you kill that boy? In the woods? " he looked at me with utter shock at my bluntness and didn't reply.

Thinking to myself, " Why in the hell would you just ask that? ".. I turned to leave and a grip on my upper arm stopped me.

I turned back around to see Carl's enraged yet calm eyes looking a little down on me.

Then my eyes attached to his grasp on my arm.

" Just know I had to.. "

I shook his grip off and nodded..

I got out of that storage room as quick as I could.

He's a psycho and I won't change my mind..

He's breaking the bond..