Change? Part Two

AUTHOR'S NOTE!

I felt bad, I couldn't just not update when you guys are so perfect and demanding. ;) I love y'all so I made this chapter and will hopefully be updating chapters so y'all won't be bored until October when stuff gets GOOD.. ya know the S6 premiere

So this chapter takes place after the Chapter "Change?" If you don't remember what happens in that chapter, I'd hope y'all go and re-read it. :)

ONCE AGAIN

THIS CHAPTER TAKES PLACE AFTER THE CHAPTER "CHANGE?"

NOT AFTER THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER "THE WEIGHT"

Also, the song for this chapter is "AfterTaste" by the one and only Shawn Mendes. :)

Here ya go!

•••

-this part is the ending of "change?"-

"Batman." He cracked a little smile

"Never heard of him." I chuckled

"He's only one of the coolest hero, ever!" He flipped through the pages.

"Actually superman was." I whispered enough for him to hear me.

"So you do know comics?" His eyes widen as he chuckled.

"I never told you that, but uh guilty." I smiled and blushed with a tad bit embarrassment.

--

I like what was happening with Carl. He wasn't a bad person, he just lost his path. He had guidance now from Rick, but I wanted to help as much as I could. That's what friends and family are for. This world can and will screw you over, it's not a safe haven or some kind of sanctuary.. It's a world full of sadness, disappointment, no guidance, and things that need your flesh for the upmost pleasure to their stomachs.

"I thought you were serious about not knowing who batman was." Carl fluffed his hair, and skimmed through the comics bringing a real smile to his face.

"I never told you I liked them because I didn't want you to think I was a tomboy or something!" I adjusted my sitting position on his bed so that I was faced to him.

"Bails, we climbed trees and made mud pies. Comics would've been the last thing that made me think that." He scoffed with a grin, and I shoved his arm playfully.

"So you did think I was one you little punk?" I chuckled and shoved his arm once more.

I liked this. I liked not talking about guns, bad people, or even the walkers. I enjoyed this great conversation. It almost seemed like the world we lived in was not real.

"What's on your mind?" I asked him, as he turned away while I was thinking.

He turned back to me with his blues eyes piercing mine, and he looked back at his hat. He hadn't worn it lately and I noticed it definitely.

"If I hadn't shot that kid, my dad wouldn't hate me and you wouldn't have hated me for so long." He fluffed his hair, and looked down at his shoes.

"Carl, don't. Your dad could never hate you, and I for one could not ever hate you. I was startled if we're being honest, but I knew you were scared. I was scared." I confided and I could feel the tension subside.

"I just think of how different it would be if I hadn't shot him." He messed with his hair in frustration.

"You can't live in the past, Carl. It's not healthy." I explained to him, hoping he'd understand.