Just like fire

Katherine Cho walked hurriedly towards her next act in Tokyo square. She was spending the next few months in Japan performing street magic until it was time for her to make her way back to China. She liked to alternate between the two as she loved them both equally.

And it was pretty handy to perform street magic in heavily populated cities. Gain more money and attention, not that she wasn't already a well known magician.

She gripped her small carry bag in her hand as she struggled to get past all the people moving towards Tokyo square. She was stopped a couple times due to a few fans wanting photos and autographs but she didn't mind.

All the brightly coloured electronic build boards surrounded her. The bright coloured screens advertising products in Japanese that she of course could read. She picked her spot, close to the centre of the square and grabbed her deck of cards warming up a little before she began.

"Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Katherine Cho as some of you may already know." She began, catching the attention of people passing by.

"Tonight I am going to show you the impossible."

She said smiling warmly at the crowd as it continued to grow bigger.

"Tonight I will show you that there is no limit to magic." She yelled, walking forward slightly.

She shuffled her deck, twisting and turning the cards at a fast pace. The audience having a hard time keeping up with the pace of her shuffling.

"So some of you may ask, what is magic?." She asked furrowing her eyebrows as she gestured her arms either side of her.

As she place the deck of the floor and grabbed the her back baseball hat off her head. She opened her hand showing she had nothing.

She smirked. Before a card appeared in her hand and she tossed it into her hat in her opposite hand. The crowd gasped having no idea where it came from

But clapped loudly, as card after card appeared in her hand and she tossed them all into her hat.

"Focused deception. But deception meant to entertain." She said quickly after she had performed her trick.

She reached into her hat gathering the cards and carelessly threw her hat behind her earning a laugh from the crowd.

"Now the thing about close up magic is that it has to be precise and adequate." She stated as she picked up her deck of cards from the floor

She pointed to someone in the crowd.
"You sir come forward."

The man obliged and walked towards her.
She shuffled her deck. "What's your name handsome?" Batting her eyelashes.

"Troy" he replied

"Well Troy you don't look like you're from around here?" She questioned while throwing one card from her deck up into the air then expertly catching it behind her back.

She added it back to the decks and looked at Troy who was in awe of what she just did.

"Uh.. I.. Um." He stuttered
"What?" He asked attempting to recover from his previous words.

The crowed laughed.

"You know what? Let's just move on to the trick, save you from embarrassment." She smirked giving him a wink.