Chapter 19- What Do You Say To Takin' Chances

Börja om från början

“Come on Nialler,” Zayn slung his arm around Niall's shoulder once he's out of his last class of the day. He was a tad surprise that Zayn waited for him outside of his class, and he had a suspicion that he had skipped his last period. Zayn's eyes were still a tad bit swollen, but his brother looked a tad pale too; the break-up really hit him hard. Violence wasn't really in Niall's nature, but right now, he would very much like to punch Mr. Stroma right in the face. Pressing his body close to his brother's side, the two brother walked out of the school building. Students that were littering the hallways would clear the way for them, much like how Moses split the Red sea.

It had been a slow day of school for both of them; Niall missed his Tattooed Angel that had skipped school to be with Joel, and Zayn was still trying to get over his break-up and the fact that Harry is still missing. The only comfort Zayn could find right now is from his little brother, that seemed to be bothered too today. Niall felt like he was obligated to be by Liam's side right now, because he knows that chemotherapy wasn't something pleasant to go through, especially if you're a six year-old boy with autism.

“Are okay Nialler? You've been awfully quiet today,” He inquired as they sat in Zayn's car. He was just about to start the engine when he noticed that Niall was biting on his lip anxiously.

“I uhmm,” Niall began before debating in his head again; Should he ask Zaynie if they could visit Joel at the hospital? Or should he just ask him if he can take the bus to go to the hospital by himself? “I-I want to uhm,..”

“Spit it out bub,” Zayn chuckled, reaching over to run his knuckles over Niall's porcelain pale cheeks softly.

“I-I was thinking,...can w-we go and visit my friend a-at the hospital?” Niall asked nervously.

“Well, sure I guess,...you don't have to be nervous to ask me you know,” Zayn smiled.

“I wasn't sure if you want to,” Niall mumbled shyly.

“I'll go anywhere with you,” Zayn chuckled as he starts the engine “You know that,”

The drive to the hospital was surprisingly fun; Zayn cranked up the volume of his stereo, blasting their favorite musics as Niall sang along with it. Zayn would love to sing along, but he would rather sit back and relax, listening to his brother's beautiful voice, singing the lyrics that he had memorize by heart. Zayn didn't know why, but he was the only person that Niall has ever sing to; he didn't even want to sing in front of their parents, ever. It started when Zayn thought him numerous nursery rhymes and Niall would sing it back to him in his beautiful baby voice. Niall's voice has changed though, to a much more beautiful one, it was more delicate but still rough, strong but smooth and it's definitely better than his.

The moment Zayn parked the car, Niall was practically jumping up and down on his seat, waiting patiently for Zayn to turn off the engine and unlock the car, which caused Zayn to laugh at his antic. Once they're out of the car, Niall grabbed Zayn's hand, practically dragging him inside. It was when they're about to head towards the lift when they were stopped by someone familiar yet was forgotten by Niall.

“Niall!” Dr. Chris Hemsworth greeted the excited boy, blocking his way to the elevators. His gaze was fixed on Niall for a moment, but the moment his eyes landed on the raven haired boy next to him, his breath was knocked out of his lungs.