chapter six

06/02/16: This chapter was originally published but something happened to it???? I am so terribly sorry. On the bright side, you are getting two updates :D

* * *

ORIGINAl A/N back in August: Update time! Someone asked me if I'm planning to do X-Men: Days of Future Past sequel. I am! You might have to wait for a little while, now. I go back to school on the eighteenth this month (kill me) and I've been thinking of expanding this story a little past the events of First Class. Which reminds me, I made a fanmix for this on 8tracks! My account on there is ihadadate (the same as my name on here) and it's simply titled: Maureen: First Class.

Before I let you go, it really kind of skips a lot of time here. Sorry about that! A lot of my writing got lost (I need to fix my storage on my computer) and I kind of wanted to rush to the climax.

I'm not sure when this will be updated again, since I have to two (well, three) stories that I need to keep updated too (We're On Each Other's Team, They Used to Shout My Name (Now They Whisper It), as well as I Live in a Hologram; all HBO war fics). But don't worry, this story will NOT go on hiatus!

* * *

Maureen had been working on her empathy powers with Alex outside of the mansion in one of the gardens. Charles had suggested that since the two were rather close with one another that they could perhaps help each other out. Currently, Maureen was trying to manipulate his frustrations.

"Are you feeling anything different?" Maureen asked.

"Not really," Alex grunted, which made Maureen slouch her shoulders in frustration and disappointment. She was trying so hard but she couldn't do anything.

"Hey, it's not you, it's me, alright?" Alex could see how frustrated Maureen was and he felt bad about it. "I just have so much built up inside me that it's hard. I bet it's even more difficult when you're frustrated too. Come on, let's take a break and grab something to eat, alright?"

"Well, I am hungry," Maureen murmured more to herself. She allowed Alex to help her up and together the two friends started to walk back to the mansion. It was a nice day outside, Maureen thought to herself as she looked around. She knew that she and Alex weren't the only ones out here. She remembered that Sean was out here working on his flying with Hank, Charles and Erik. Sean has kept trying many times after the first attempt but so far it hasn't been working. Charles had said that he needed a "bigger push" or something similar to that.

Alex and Maureen were walking back together, talking about anything, really. Alex opened up more around her than with the others and Maureen had told him about her own family. Other than Charles, Alex was the only person to know about her father. When Maureen had told him about her father, Alex was angry at her father and the abuse he had given to her family. Maureen knew that Alex was very protective of her and frankly, she felt the same way about him. The two saw each other as a sibling that they never had.

"And then I said to him..." Maureen continued to tell a tale on how a boy had been picking on her when she used to go to school, but she never finished. Maureen and Alex had stopped in their tracks when they heard a piercing scream. A sonic scream. The two friends couldn't help but cover their ears as they looked up at the sky. Maureen's eyes widened as she saw who was in the air. She subsequently let her hands fall from her ears as she stared at Sean.

"It's Sean! Alex, he's doing it! He's flying!"

* * *

There were nights when all of the mutants (excluding Charles and Erik) hung out with each other. They usually went into someone's room or to a rec room and they would down together and hang out. They would either talk, play games (Maureen's never playing spin-the-bottle ever again.), or drink. At least, that's what the others did. Maureen would rather stick to her soda, thank you very much.

written in the starsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara