part 15

"so..are you going to answer my question..whats your girl think about this?" "she doesn't know". max replayed her and jordans conversation over and over in her head that night as she lay in bed. Even when telling her seemed like the best thing to do, the right thing to do, she was scarred, scarred of what my become of it. she lay there a moment before picking up her phone and dialing harleys number.

"hey babygirl, i missed you today" harleys voice said over the phone. max smiled.

"i missed you to" her smile becoming a frown as she started thinking once again about the conversation her and Jordan had earlier.

"so peaches and cream..how was your day?"

"it was...it was great" max said, fake smile on her face. who are you trying to fool max.

"good to here babe,....so...your apparently not the only one swamped with work tonight, its still early...wanna call it a study night?"

max sat there a moment starring off.

"babe"

"yea..id...love to" max said softly.

"you want me to come pick you up?.."

"uh no" max said rather quickly. "no..its fine ill drive myself"

"ok..well..see you when you get here?

"...yea" max said, sitting there a moment before closing her cell. god, why couldn't she stop replaying that conversation, why couldn't she shake that filling, the filling telling her she needed..HAD to tell Harley but it wasn't that big a deal, infact it there wasn't a deal at all, so what was wrong with her. her worst fears were coming into play, she tried not to freak, but could help thinking..what if there WAS something there, what if she did fill something....no thats silly, you love Harley max, you love her, your engaged to her.

"fuck"

she sat there a moment, thinking, pondering, before grabbing her keys off the table and getting up. Walking though the living room and to the door, stopping, she stood there a moment. Slightly Turning and reaching back into her back pocket to grab her cell, flipping it open she dialed Priscilla number as she walked back into the kitchen.

"hello?"

"Priscilla"

"yea, WATS up..you ok?"

"yea..im fine..listen..do you have jordans number by chance?" max said grabbing a pieace of paper from the table and a pen.

"uh..yea..hold on a sec" Priscilla said. max could hear her going through the numbers.

"k..you ready?"

"yea" max said, bending over the table to write as Priscilla read out her number.

"ok thanks" max said said quickly, starting to hangup.

"hey..uh..why you need her number anyway?" darn it.

"i just need to ask her something ..thats all"

silence

"so ill talk to you tomorrow?" max said, anxious to hangup

"...i thought we were cool..?" Priscilla asked.

"what..we are cool"

"then why want you tell me whats really going on"

" because nothings going on"

"oh great..now your lieing to me..some friendship we have here..you want even talk to me about whats going on"

"i already told you nothings going on!"