Finding Juliet

Chloe's pov
Before Abby walked out she told us that a Juilliard scout will be watching us. I think I got the Juliet part. Stressing the 'think' in that sentence. Last time I 'thought' I got the lead Maddie actually did for the vampire dance. Abby is always talking about how I have all the qualities of being the lead, and I think I would make a good Juliet. So here's what I think will happen. If Abby auditions Brandon & Nick with the girls Nick would probably get the part, and that's a problem. Nick only connects with Maddie. But sometimes Abby doesn't audition and just goes on looks, if that happens Brandon would definitely get the part because he looks like what I think everyone visions him to be muscular, & because of the Leonardo do caprio Romeo, blond. As for Brooke who connects with Brandon better will probably not get the part. Maddie & Brooke are some of the shortest girls I've ever seen. Abby always told me that a lead should have long legs and have good stature because she will stand out more to the judges. She says short dancers have to make sure they use their limbs and try to extend their movements so they stand out more. Thankfully I have long limbs so I don't need to do that, but I still think Maddie could slide her way into the lead like last time. "So I'm auditioning in 10 minutes. Gia will teach you part of the choreography  in a minute but first I need everyone to get their knee pads for me." Abby said while walking out of the room. Well shoot, now my plan won't work Nick will out dance Brandon in a heart beat. So I have to do something for a stronger connection with him. On our way out I grab Nick aside.

Maddie's pov

I can't believe what I was seeing Chloe and Nick were kissing, but I saw Nick politely push her away. "Chloe what are you doing?"  His voice got higher. Then they looked up and saw me.

Nick's pov

Oh no what is going on. Maddie just saw me and Chloe kiss.

Chloe's pov

" Hey Mads!" I said. " What's going on." She asked. "Just hanging out with Nick" I wink at her. "Okay" she said with a squeaky voice, slowly walked away, and gave me a smile with two thumbs up.

Maddie's pov

I gave her a thumbs up because I didn't want her to know I was hurt. I heard Nick say, excuse me to Chloe then he went into the den where I was. "Maddie I don't know what happened, she just pulled me then kissed me." he whispered while we got our knee pads because there was other people in the room. As we walked out with everyone else I whispered, " Yeah I know I'm not mad at either of you. It wasn't your fault and she doesn't know we're dating, but I thought she didn't like you. She said she considered you a friend." We both were confused but couldn't let it bother us right now. We learned the dance and then Abby walked in. I want the guys to run the whole section where you don't lift anyone. Nick was an automatic shoe in for this number. Brandon forgot one part of the number and made me nervous so I started running through the dance in little movements. Abby didn't consult with Gia she just told Nick he got the part. Nick looked at me and smiled. Everyone danced with Nick and in the end Abby said that Chloe, Paige, Kalani, and I were the ones who had to keep performing till she had one dancer left. Soon Paige was cut out because she looked uncomfortable and kind of scared during lifts. Now that I think about it, Abby has a hard decision. Kalani was beautiful this is going to be such a hard decision. "Babe, I'm going to cut you because Nick seems to struggle with the lifts a little." Abby told Kalani. I honestly thought that Kalani should have gotten the role. I started thinking about the kiss and it phased me a bit, but I couldn't let it ruin the connection Nick and I had. Chloe danced with Nick for the third time and on one lift Chloe wasn't ready so it turned out awkward. "Maddie you got the lead." A shocked expression came over me and Nick ran towards me  and lifted me up and hugged me. I yelped in a cracked voice. All the girls ran over and clapped.